PDA

View Full Version : RPG Information, Troubleshooting, Classes, Shop, Spells, Rules, etc.

Ciderhelm
05-23-2007, 04:35 AM
The Quick and Dirty
I haven't finished setting up the RPG so I won't bother to write up a huge FAQ and all that junk just yet. Simply put -- register, use the Headquarters button, create a character, and try things out.

Troubleshooting
Can't reset your character or getting any strange fatal errors? This is because you are still registered as being "in a battle." Go to either Monster or Battle Arena (whichever you were in last), enter the battle in progress, and click Submit to end it.

Showthreads or any other forum components getting extremely sluggish or not responding? That's something I have to fix from the forum admin side. It shouldn't happen, but if it does, it's a quick fix.

Classes & Spells
This isn't a fire-and-forget mod. I have to program all the classes and class types, all the spells, all of basically everything in here except the most basic click and hit interface.

Which is fine. I'm not doing anything else important. But you need to give me time to make it all happen. I've built a few NWN and NWN2 modules as well as a Morrowind module, I'm aware of the balancing mechanics that'll be in play.

Anyway, for now, I'm cutting down the # of selectable classes. I WILL ADD MORE quickly! I just want to work with a small group and not be in danger of deleting your favorite class after you start. :D

The Shop
Itemshop is a little unwieldy, hopefully I can make the interface more intuitive. But for the time being, to check new spells or additions I add you will need to go to DISPLAY OPTIONS bar a little ways down, clicked ITEM CATEGORIES, then pick one of the custom categories and "Submit." That will bring you to the purchase area.

Spells purchase exactly like items and I may forget to make it clear they are spells. In this case, gg. :eek:

The Rules
1) Don't spam forums in blatant experience/silver gaining posts. However, feel free to post more often than usual in the public forums. :D

2) Don't be a douche and don't abuse the system.

Oakfire
05-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Where is my cleric of the helm from IWD:2 Cider. Slackin

Ciderhelm
05-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Eh I'll add it in.

Currently the four classes are all exactly the same in function though that will change hopefully later today after I get some nice sleeeeeep. :eek:

BUT you can count on those 4 classes being dependable and lovely!

Oakfire
05-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Goooooood deal!

Is there a set pattern to the xp needed to level? Does it work, every 100xp, or is it a set amount per?

Onion
05-24-2007, 12:27 PM
2) Don't be a douche and don't abuse the system.

Looks like oak is out!

>.>

Unethical
05-24-2007, 04:00 PM
I wanted to be orx and it wouldn't work ):

Ciderhelm
05-24-2007, 04:05 PM
yah blame me for that

no Orx races in yet.