PDA

View Full Version : RPG "Elements" System Issue

Ciderhelm
05-24-2007, 11:07 PM
There's a system that's more or less complete in this RPG system that involves players using "Elemental" attacks. You can see some relics of it in the item names "Ice Staff, "Lightning Staff," etc.

What is frustrating is that the mod developer (major props to him, Revan) has stopped the project midway between two Elements junctions. Originally, you applied an Element to your character (Light, Dark, Fire, Water, etc) and that controlled your character. The plan was to convert it so that spells, items, etc., are all Element based but your character itself is not.

The project just stopped, though. So there's all this code on a really good system that would make the game strategic that is put to waste.

With that said, if I can find a functional older version of this mod that includes the full Elements version I am going to roll us back. You will all keep your silver, but you won't keep your characters. We really want to add something to make these battles thoughtful. :(

I'll let you know if this gets scrappppped.

Ciderhelm
05-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Scratch that. Am now installing a different mod. Hopefully it works. If not, I'll re-enable the current mod.