PDA

View Full Version : Good NWN2 Screenshot

Ciderhelm
01-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Been poking my way through this game, it's definitely the best among the Baldur's Gate / Icewind Dale / Neverwinter Nights collection as far as my personal enjoyment.

I felt this menu option was screenshot worthy:

Oakfire
01-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, Cider you played Baldurs gate and Icewind dale?

NVN cant even come close to Icewind Dale 2 :/

Ciderhelm
01-09-2007, 02:03 AM
NWN was terrible.

NWN2 is not!

Nadizel
01-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I like NWN! I could turn into a badger!!!

Oakfire
01-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Honestly, Im not a fan of the solo work, Group-oriented games like Icewind Dale and Baldurs gate are much more my kind of game. and yes, NWN was pretty bad, and you are the first to honestly speak positivly of WNN2, I've heard loads of "It was okay," or "its So-So, nothing too special"

Ciderhelm
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Honestly, Im not a fan of the solo work, Group-oriented games like Icewind Dale and Baldurs gate are much more my kind of game. and yes, NWN was pretty bad, and you are the first to honestly speak positivly of WNN2, I've heard loads of "It was okay," or "its So-So, nothing too special"

I could point you to a few reviews who made the decision easy for me. This is much more a party-based experience than NWN (and I loathed NWN, it took me 2 years to finish it, and finally did so out of duty).

From Yahoo Games:
Play Obsidian Entertainment's latest role-playing game, and if you can look past the distinctly up-to-the-minute graphics, you might be forgiven for thinking the golden age of computer fantasy role-playing games like Baldur's Gate or Planescape: Torment had returned. Neverwinter Nights 2 bears far more resemblance to these greats of the genre than it does to its predecessor, and that's entirely to its credit.

Ciderhelm
01-13-2007, 06:56 AM
After having played through (just about to the end as I type this)...

Neverwinter Nights 2 has amazing encounters. Among them, which no game would be complete, are two encounters with dragons. These fights are really about as epic as fights can be for a solo-play RPG.

There are also some genre-redefining aspects of Chapter 2 and especially Chapter 3. At the risk of avoiding spoilers, I'll only give out as much as the game box itself does -- you become responsible for your own lands and keep.

Anyhow, here's another screenshot. Enjoy!

Ilmare
01-13-2007, 08:15 AM
omg moonfire