PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Macros

Kaaihn
02-10-2007, 07:26 PM
These are the macros I find useful as a warrior.

First, I find it idiotic that hitting an offensive ability doesn't turn my autoattack on if you don't have the rage for the ability to go off. The easy fix is to replace all your offensive abilities with macro's that turn your attack on when you hit them, whether you have rage or not.

Example:

/startattack
/cast Devastate

Hit that and Devastate will go off if you have the rage, or you will just start autoattacking if not. Cooldown timer is supported and recognized. Other than not having the full tooltip, you won't see any difference from using the macro versus the spell from the spellbook except the added function of attack turning on.

Repeat that for all abilities and you will almost never need to manually turn your attack on again from a separate button. Don't forget to make this macro for Taunt as well!

Intervene is our new fun toy with a not so well thought out design. To get the most effective use out of it, you need a macro. This is the one I use:

/cast [target=targettarget] Intervene

If you are targeting a mob, and see that the name in targets target window (turn it on in interface options) changes to someone other than you, hit that Intervene macro, and you will zip over to the friendly the mob is targeting. Be whacking the taunt button, it will register as you go by the mob. If you hit Intervene as soon as the target's target window changes, you will usually be at the friendly, with the taunt effect on the mob, before it ever gets to your squishy friend.

Since Taunt and Concussion Blow are on separate timers, I have had very good success stunning and taunting the mob as I Intervene by it. Chances are, both won't be resisted or a miss.

Marking mobs is something I like to do for my dps as needed, even in 5-mans. I don't want them assisting me, as I am bouncing from mob to mob for aggro. You can bind the lucky charms icons directly to keys, but I prefer a macro I can move around wherever I want on my hotbars. The macro for icons is:

/script SetRaidTarget("target", 4)

That 4 is what designates that macro to use the green triangle. Target a mob and right click its portrait, click Raid Target Icon from the list. You will see the list of star, circle, diamond, etc. The number goes by the order you see in that menu. Star is 1, circle is 2, etc. None is 0. Choose the icon you want to use, set the number in the macro, and you can assign that icon on the fly so people know what target to be on, or which mob you are going to tank, whatever.

Lastly, you can use the new macro system to make macros that change your weapons for you. Mainhand is 16, offhand is 17. For example:

/equipslot 16 Plasma Rat's Hyper-Scythe

That will equip your Plasma Rat's Hyper-Scythe into your mainhand, putting whatever was in your main hand and offhand into your bags for you.
For equiping a main hand and offhand, its just a two line macro of:

/equipslot 16 Grom'tor's Charge
/equipslot 17 Aegis of the Sunbird

Change the item names to whatever ones you use. You can also use a wardrobe mod for this, this is just how to do it with the default macro system.

Ilmare
02-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Other than not having the full tooltip, you won't see any difference from using the macro versus the spell from the spellbook except the added function of attack turning on.

If you do want it to show the tooltip, you can stick this line at the start:
# showtooltip Devastate

Kaaihn
02-10-2007, 09:31 PM
You can, but I actually prefer just the macro name. Otherwise you can lose track of whats a macro and what isnt. :o

Derenas
02-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Good info

Ciderhelm
02-17-2007, 12:52 PM
#show Glyph of Deflection
/use [harm,nodead,equipped:Shields] 13
/stopcasting
/use [harm,nodead,equipped:Shields] 14
/stopcasting
/cast [equipped:Shields] Shield Slam
/equip [noequipped:Shields] Azure-Shield of Coldarra

This allows you to Shield Slam at the exact same time as trinket activation (erase one if just using the Auto-Blocker). It checks to make sure your target is alive and hostile, and will also not activate the trinkets if you do not have a Shield already equipped. If you do not, it will equip the Shield, so you can simply double-click it.

This is important because it allows 4 Shield Slams reliably off one trinket use. Since you will use the SS at the 0 second marker, then at the 6, 12, and 18 second marker, with regular server lag you can still get 4 in safely.

Faction
02-23-2007, 04:40 PM
/cast [target=mouseover, harm, exists] Sunder Armor; Sunder Armor;

while tanking a mob you can mouseover another mob (just put your mouse over the mob, its unitframe, or its health bar and hit the macro) and sunder it without losing your current target. It checks to see if the target is harmful and that it exists. If not, it will sunder your current target as normal.