PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Vs Wow

Hondadude
09-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Hopefully I saved somebody some money.

I just bought this game thinking that it will somehow keep me awake until Wrath comes out and boy was I wrong.

The game first of all if you don’t know is a PVP game and I am just fine with that but it lacks big time in trying to social with others in the game. Many might not admit it but you log on to this game to hang out with people and chat and basically make fun of others. War doesn't have that and it also doesn't really try to make you feel like you should talk to others. Unless you like being alone this won't really matter to you or if you and a couple of people are trying this game out then this won't be a factor.

Questing:

Easy as pie a bit too easy. They have something called public questing or whatever its called. Basically you pick up a quest go just open up your map and it will show you the area for you to do that in and you go there and if others are killing the same mob as you need for your quest, you basically get credit for it. That is pretty nice but you can have some people just making you do all the work.

Trainers:

So far I have gotten no quest to basically take me to a trainer like WoW does. Basically you have to look for this lady that trains all the classes and you learn something new at each lvl.

Exp:

Do quest you get exp, do BG's you get exp, kill someone you get exp, talk to a guard you get exp, fart on a chicken you get exp.

Graphics:

Not all that great looks like I am playing some sort of beta game and I have everything set to MAX but when I put the game in window mode 1680x1050 it looks a little better but full screen isn't all that great.

PVP:

From what I see at 1-20 you basically get one BG to go too which is pretty dam nice and 20-30 you get another one and so on. What I like is all the BGs have a timer for 15 mins no matter what or if the team gets 500 points.

Warhammer VS AoC:

AoC to me made alot of people very caution of buying another MMO game until that game is out for 4 months or so. AoC had a huge issue which was just so stupid of having only 200 people per zone so if you and your guild wanted to meet up somewhere you had to frist group up with its awful party interface and cross your fingers that you all can zone in as a team. And o yea Load screen after load screen.

Warhammer has no issue like and hands down is far better then AoC.

Warhammer VS WoW:

Alot of people keep saying don't compare the two because WoW has been out for a long time and War is just getting started. That statement has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If you want me to keep paying for a new game and leave WoW you better be dam good because why the hell would I waste my money on Hope.

WoW has a far much better way of a social network and much easier to understand the game. That to me is why WoW is doing so good vs any other MMO games. So far every MMO game thinks the hardcore members are the ones that pay the bills when WoW knows its casuals that pay the bills.

Party Interface:

WoW>Warhammer>garbage>utter garbage>shouldn't even make a game>AoC

Will there be a game to beat WoW.

Yes either starcraft world, world of warcraft 2, dialbo world, something Blizzard world. Until another compay reliaze that the social network of the game is the most imporant thing then they will conitune to fail.

Also something I just can't understand about Warharmmer....

World of Warcraft has a fourms that anybody with an account can basically post there thoughts or talk to someone or even try to recurit others to there guild. Warhammer doesn't have this but instead rely on there members to sponsor a site for this. Why o Why can't you have your own forums.

Lachdanan
09-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Great review - thanks

Veloz
09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
does the social aspec of it have to do with the fact that you are not in a guild with people you raid etc etc like in wow? i mean when you first started play wow, where you all friends with everyone right away?

Hondadude
09-24-2008, 02:30 PM
does the social aspec of it have to do with the fact that you are not in a guild with people you raid etc etc like in wow? i mean when you first started play wow, where you all friends with everyone right away?

You missing a little by what I mean. In wow you get quest to basically go to the city and in the city you see general chat and trade chat and etc and basically easy way to talk to each other. Where as in Warhammer you don't have thoose features and you really don't get quest to go to cities. They basically just push you into a pvp world. If they made communication between players simlar to wow then it should improve.

But the fact that they don't even have a forums to listen to customers or a way for others to post to each other clearly shows me they don't thick socialize with others is imporant.

Rhun
09-25-2008, 12:53 AM
That was a horrible review, i've been playing it, and it's obvious you haven't really played much of it because you're wrong on many things.

Rhun
09-25-2008, 12:59 AM
PVP:

From what I see at 1-20 you basically get one BG to go too which is pretty dam nice and 20-30 you get another one and so on. What I like is all the BGs have a timer for 15 mins no matter what or if the team gets 500 points.

you get 3 BG's through levels 1-11 and another 3 through levels 12-21 and so on, i'm not going to pick apart every little thing you said, but you're waaaaay off on a lot of it haha.

Hondadude
09-25-2008, 04:55 AM
you get 3 BG's through levels 1-11 and another 3 through levels 12-21 and so on, i'm not going to pick apart every little thing you said, but you're waaaaay off on a lot of it haha.

Then I must be queuing wrong or something because when press that button on the map its only giving me that BG to queue for called northend or whatever its called.

Rhun
09-25-2008, 05:38 PM
you have to get to an encampment that has a flight master and fly to another area and talk to one of the quest npc's to queue for the other battlegrounds.

Kiss
09-30-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree with some points and not others.

Questing is very easy, you don't have to read the quest, just mouse over the giant red spots and they basically have a cliff notes version "Kill X, 10 times." Or you can read a 2 page long story about why you're killing it but it doesn't make you sift through what you need to do.

Experience does pop out of the bee's butt holes as they fly by you.

The graphics require a system more advanced than WOW does and this is a huge draw back for me (and poor planning on their part)- I have the bare minimum to run WAR. The water isn't impressive but I dig a lot of the gear/environment.

A lot of it is customizable. I think its bullshit when I see someone with good gear and then go "Oh.. nevermind, its just welfare epics (AKA PVP Gear). In WAR you can change the color schemes of your gear and while you can't really diversify from their "template" look for each character (meaning most only have 1-2 weapons they can choose when on WOW you normally have much more of a variety), its still neato.

The way a lot of people are leveling is by hopping from one area to the next, which by the way that honestly rocks, the flight master you hop on, get a cut scene of you getting on a weird animal and then load where you landed, theres no 30 minute flights wasting my life way. But ya, theres a different PVP (RVR, they call it Scenario) in every area. Lots of "RVR" areas in Questing areas too, and 4 PQs (Public Quests) meaning you run into people constantly and knock heads.. unless of course you're on my server which is dead low and I can go 3 days without seeing anyone, chaos or order.

WOW has had a lot of feedback over the years and has improved over time.

Interface, they have a built in bongos + bagnon, and more, as opposed to WOW where I need to download 3rd party.

I agree with you where you said that until designers realize the most important thing is the people. A friend of mine said to me "You always wanna talk to these people you don't need to talk to them"- If I wanted to play any game by myself I'd go play solitaire. I play this game purely because of the people, and secondarily for the content because I spent far too much time to not simply excel by default.

WOW has a lot of little things that may or may not have helped them a long the way, a lot of fan websites, theory craftings, quest helps, VENTRILO, many things that people outside of Blizzard implemented by themselves that enhances the game for everyone.

WOW has people literally theory crafting about fractions of seconds about clipping auto shots and maximizing rotations and using software to increase possible potential. That is literally obsessive and insane. Blizz should feel flattered. I doubt WAR will get that kind of following, Blizz has an epic name in every sense of the word. (Diablo/SSC/Warcraft 2 player)

-Pysche (Hunter)
(Arriving Friday! :P)

Veloz
09-30-2008, 01:25 AM
much better thanks for that new freaky sounding hunter.

Kiss
09-30-2008, 01:57 AM
By the way what I meant with "jumping place to place" is there's 3 stories to be seen.
Elves Vs Dark Elves
Dwarfs Vs Greenskins (Goblins)
Chaos Vs Human

They All have their own stories and like multiple zones to quest in in each story.

Best part about the game probably is the "Book" which has everything you've ever done and mounds of story, titles + accomplishments, things you've killed, all organized in an adorable lil' package. As you unlock things by just walking into an area or meeting a "note worthy person" you get pages of stuff to read about it/them.
They organize it into "chapters" and you can pretty much guess where you need to be according to your level vs the chapter, example I'm 18 and I need to be around 8-9 in any of the 3 zones listed.