PDA

View Full Version : RPG is turned ON. Play it!

Ciderhelm
06-09-2007, 10:28 PM
No, it's not finished, nowhere near it. But it's cohesive, there's plenty for you to do, and there's plenty for you to get a feel with.

The second link in the major quest line is not complete. This means you will not be able to play the story or reach a 5+ level zone. Triple Triad is not in yet.

Most features are installed and ready. Still in the works are Guild/Clans, some advanced quest features, and multiple maps (i.e. dungeon maps, not just images).

Please let me know if mobs are simply too easy or too hard, or if gold (shardsilver) is too easy or too hard to accumulate. Any issues whatsoever, let me know. I have not been able to balance this.

Want to Blacksmith, Tame, or learn some more Magick or attack types? These are all implemented at the moment; however, I've set a starting requirement for all of these at Level 6. This means if you want to get started in most of them, you need to invest your first 5 Skill points directly into one. This system is designed for Jack-of-all-Trades, so feel free to build your character in multiple

Spells and Skills are individually leveled. Which means when you get a new Attack Type, you are going to miss like hell -- this is NOT your Accuracy rating, it's that you are still learning it.

Spells have multiple levels. The more you use it, the higher you go.

Give it a try. Enjoy.

Ciderhelm
06-09-2007, 10:30 PM
oh and I have no f*ing idea why there's an elite spider in the middle of town. I can't seem to get rid of it.

Ciderhelm
06-09-2007, 10:33 PM
and your starting zone, if you choose to use the WORLD MAP to go to it (can do from "Scan Yourself" link), it's the very very southwest side of the map.

Ciderhelm
06-09-2007, 10:40 PM
already a gamebreaking bug!

I can't handle these MMOs!

Ciderhelm
06-09-2007, 11:47 PM
k the exploit was fixed and Onion's character was deleted for exploits!

and, to actually do stuff since the second section of the quest isn't there, you'll need to go to AREAS when you are inside Ardent Stone. From there, scroll down to Wilderness.

Onion
06-09-2007, 11:59 PM
:(

Ciderhelm
06-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Going to add in a place between Ardent Stone and the Wilderness; currently the mobs are kicking my ass, can't imagine that'll be good.

For your own information, in order of strength for early on:
Swift Crawler (Easiest)
Bulky Crawler
Rabid Crawler
Clestrit Monger
Clestrit Brute/Solitaire (Hardest)

Cleklek (Elite)
Cleklrik (Elite)

All the Spectral stuff and beyond I'll let you guys figure out.

Ciderhelm
06-10-2007, 12:56 AM
hmmm apparently you can't pick your targets by "Hunt" effectively. I'll see if setting some percentages fixes it.

Ciderhelm
06-10-2007, 01:08 AM
alrite getting some sleep.

will add spells, attacks, quests, and triple triad in tomorrow. in pretty much opposite order of what I just said.

Ciderhelm
06-10-2007, 08:51 PM
and after managing to do absolutely none of the above, I have successfully manage to do the following:

added new items, added new art, added new avatars, added new locations, retuned many of the mobs (lower health, higher strength), fixed alot of current spells

Rursusferre managed to:
Shoot himself with a fireball.

(Oh and Thinger, I'm still fixing the current encounters... I'm betting you died at least one of those 3 times by a boss encounter on entering the Wilderness)

------------
The interface is fairly complex. There are alot of features you will find by exploring but I unfortunately can't post a guide for it just yet. Hopefully tomorrow or in the coming days; my first goal is to finish up the zones currently in. I'm at the last steps of that, though, so it should soon. Probably going to get some sleep before finishing up too much more tonight.

Thinger
06-11-2007, 08:28 AM
I died bunches to that elite dude.

Also, one thing that is real sucky is if you are broke and die, I know of no way to restore your health and mana. Since I didn't have enough money to stay at the inn, I got into the database and gave myself 20,000 moneyz. Really, I did. Now "I am the richest person in the world". (Yellowbeard reference)

Ciderhelm
06-11-2007, 08:42 AM
I think I'm going to lower the Inn cost a bit and increase the amount of silver you get for posting (yes, posting on the forums gives you $$, just not much). That should alleviate the issue.

Btw your "Scan RPG Profile" only shows 246 silver!

Ciderhelm
06-11-2007, 08:45 AM
the card dump seems to have worked, I'm getting a PHP error at the top of the page in the admin panel, but all the stats seem right, so it should work

//edit: it doesn't, I added a set earlier that I shouldn't have. Just sent an e-mail

Ciderhelm
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
FYI, you can Dual Wield current weapons. You'll take a bit of an accuracy penalty it seems, but its still pretty effective.

Ciderhelm
06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Albo Spidercrusher now has a repeatable quest if anyone can test it.

Ciderhelm
06-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Captain Sarah Atrian's next major quest has been put in. You'll need to kill Cliklen the Lesser (used to be Rabid Spider Elite) to finish this quest.

Next quest incoming, which should open up the later steps and zones, where (believe it or not!) nothing has been tuned.

Ciderhelm
06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Quest with Captain Atrian now leads to Spectral Watchtower. No Spectral quests have been completed, nor have the mobs been tuned (except the elite), but it should be playable if you want to grind some levels.

Thinger
06-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Btw your "Scan RPG Profile" only shows 246 silver!

It's in teh bank!