Gentlemen of Leisure

Gentlemen of Leisure (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   GoT S4 is out (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50536)

Gogan 04-14-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kz (Post 86307)
so glad someone killed that little fuck. i was hoping sansa woulda stabbed him though

Yeah, it's kinda bittersweet for me. Certainly glad he's dead. You could see it coming towards the end of the episode. They might've gone a little overboard setting it up. I was a little disappointed to see him die in that particular way though. Was really hoping one of the Stark girls could've had the honor -- and in a more satisfying way, e.g. a face to face stabbing or throat slitting. But I guess a mysterious poisoning is more fitting for the show's premise -- a complicated political battle for control of the throne.

Will be interesting to find out who was responsible. The show certainly went out of its way to imply Cersei was behind it (either that or she overacted in that episode), but I'm not sure what she has to gain from it. I think the preview for next week implying someone tried to frame Tyrion is just a red herring. I don't see how that whole scene with Joffrey humiliating Tyrion could've been anticipated and scripted by the assassin.

Speaking of which, who is the rightful heir to the throne now? Does Margaery have any power as a queen without a king? Does the crown fall back to Stannis? The Lannisters will obviously try to lay their claim, but I don't see how.

Megasteve 04-14-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogan (Post 86311)
Speaking of which, who is the rightful heir to the throne now? Does Margaery have any power as a queen without a king? Does the crown fall back to Stannis? The Lannisters will obviously try to lay their claim, but I don't see how.

Tommen, Cersei and Robert's youngest child.

rursusferre 04-14-2014 04:26 PM

Don't worry Asano, you'll be interested in how it plays out. I am also kind of disappointed to see him go just because, god damn, what a little cunt, but still he added so much. I read somewhere how Martin has turned us all into monsters. We cheered for a 14 year old girl who murdered people gleefully last episode and with this one we were cheering the murder of a 14 year old boy. I am happy to see how quickly this season is moving into the "HOLY SHIT" stuff. Because this season is going to be FILLED with it.

Gogan 04-14-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megasteve (Post 86312)
Tommen, Cersei and Robert's youngest child.

Wow, I completely forgot about him.

Yooxra 04-14-2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogan (Post 86311)
The show certainly went out of its way to imply Cersei was behind it (either that or she overacted in that episode), but I'm not sure what she has to gain from it.

She didn't seem to enjoy losing any of her power. She was the queen till he got married.

Pathology 04-15-2014 08:51 PM

So did you all see the necklace at min 32 of the episode?

Pathology 04-15-2014 08:53 PM

Poisonous jewelry, and I did not read the book.

Fusa 04-16-2014 04:09 PM

Pathology has an eye for this sort or "medicine"?

rursusferre 04-16-2014 08:13 PM

I don't like spoiling things for people so I wont. But I will say if you watch the first two episodes, everything is there.

Fusa 04-17-2014 10:21 AM

and yes I rewatched both episodes, it is in the show if you look hard enough, and count certain things.