Gentlemen of Leisure

Gentlemen of Leisure (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hearthstone (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50151)

Kz 10-02-2013 12:41 AM

Hearthstone

we need to get a new thread that trolls the main posts and what not asano like the wow/d3 ones we have. also Beta Patch Tomorrow - Wipe Will Occur. It's finally here, the most hyped patch for Hearthstone is going to be deployed with tomorrow's maintenance!

most likely by next tuesday at the latest im thinking a major portion of the opt-in's will be going out. could happen as soon as maintenance is done but im thinking it will be starting next tuesday.

edit: also who else is excited about this shit! and there will be no more wipes they announced so this is it when ur in ur in. i recommend getting to level 10 with every class to get a feel for them and to unlock a buncha class cards, and if your not familiar with the game just play normals. but i plan on arena'n non stop to get my card packs instead of buying them. i feel i will be more than capable of being able to endlessly arena like trump does, hoping i get paired up vs him sometime.

Megasteve 10-02-2013 03:46 AM

Considering I almost sold a child to get into the beta, I'm pretty pumped.

This game is going to consume my soul. Blizzard does it again.

Gogan 10-02-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kz (Post 85086)
we need to get a new thread that trolls the main posts and what not asano like the wow/d3 ones we have.

What's the main news site for Hearthstone?

Kz 10-02-2013 10:57 AM

http://www.hearthpwn.com/

Gogan 10-02-2013 11:31 AM

Hmm... the forums don't seem to like the RSS feed for that site. I have Blizz's news in there now, but there's no content for each post so I may just remove it altogether. I'll take another look tonight.

Kz 10-02-2013 11:34 AM

aight. kinda odd that u cant get a RSS feed from that site concidering its just like the d3 and mmo site. all owned by curse.

Gogan 10-02-2013 11:51 AM

You'd think there were all same, but apparently not so. You can see the structure of the RSS feed is different between, say, diablofans and hearthpwn:

Hearthpwn: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news.rss
Diablofans: http://www.diablofans.com/rss/forums...ome-page-news/

They're owned by the same parent company (Curse), but that's where the similarities end. Probably run by completely different tech stacks and servers.

rursusferre 10-02-2013 09:34 PM

man i am behind. I don't know what this is either

Gogan 10-02-2013 09:43 PM

Blizzard's latest game, a Magic the Gathering clone:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

They first announced it only about 6 months ago.

Kz 10-02-2013 10:03 PM

i still find it dumb that they wouldn't do a reset prior to open beta, and god damnit i want in this god damn game right meow! twitter post saying opt-ins not going out til patches prolly tuesday is my guess.

Quintilian 10-04-2013 12:26 AM

I still haven't got in. :( Asshole blizzard.

Kz 10-04-2013 12:34 AM

same i hate them! i want in soooo bad.

Gogan 10-04-2013 12:25 PM

I'm in!

http://i.imgur.com/NNsydH4.png

Yooxra 10-04-2013 12:34 PM

Timmy!

Kz 10-04-2013 01:45 PM

damn u lucky sob asano!

Fusa 10-04-2013 02:10 PM

Damnnnnnn asano!!!
Beast mode

Gogan 10-04-2013 02:19 PM

I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Fusa 10-04-2013 02:21 PM

getting them DECKS!

Gogan 10-04-2013 02:29 PM

I'm going to need a raise soon to fund both PAD and HS.

Fusa 10-04-2013 02:45 PM

lol:P

Kz 10-04-2013 03:17 PM

lol HS u should be able to be self sufficient especially if ur good at arena's.

Kz 10-05-2013 03:08 AM

god damnit blizzard i want a fucking key god damnit!

Gogan 10-05-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

The wave of keys sent out Friday, October 4th to NA and EU regions have now completed. Please check your emails.

We will not be sending waves over the weekend.
=(

Gogan 10-06-2013 09:06 PM

My initial impressions after the weekend:

Overall, fun game and about what I expected. I think those of you that have been waiting will enjoy it. It has a lot of potential and hopefully they don't wait years for expansions.

That said, there are some things that are definitely still missing. It's beta of course, so maybe things will be different come release. I assumed they were pretty close to release since they stated they won't be doing any more account wipes, but now I'm not so sure.

* No achievements screen. There are achievements in game and for certain achievements you even get special cards (e.g. acquiring all murloc cards nets you a special murloc card). It would be nice to see a list of which achievements are out there so we know what to work towards and what we can expect.

* No non-arena means of farming gold. There's a daily quest worth 40 gold, and after that you get 10 gold for every 3 games or so that you win, but that's just not enough. For those of us that won't be consistently getting 7-9 wins in arena (which, despite what KZ says, is not so easy), it'll take a long time to get enough gold to compete. Maybe there will be more quests come release. We'll see.

* There's a "practice" mode which lets you play against the computer with a custom deck, but there really needs to be a practice mode for arena style decks as well. The RNG inherent in the arena draft is just so different from pre-built decks, it would be nice to get some practice at it w/o forking over all your gold.

* Along the same lines, it would be nice to have more AI levels than just Normal and Expert. Three levels seems to be the standard, and it would be even better if they took a page from Starcraft's book and let you choose a play style for the AI, e.g. Murloc deck, control deck, beast deck, etc.

* Rewards for leveling up each class aren't so hot right now. I think the concept of getting the class-specific golden commons is ok, but getting the same ones each milestone is not. For example, I got the hunter's golden Tracking card when I hit level 15 and when I reach level 20 I'm going to get the same thing. Lame. Getting a class to level 60 should eventually net you each of the class's golden cards, and unless they change the curve (e.g. not every 5 levels) it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

* I wish your rank (e.g. bronze, silver, gold, etc) was class-specific. Additionally, your stats should be broken out per class too. Right now it only shows you how many total wins you've had in Play mode and Arena mode. I'd like to see number of losses, as well as win/loss ratio per class. It would be nice to see which classes I'm most successful with.

* The UI is pretty confusing. For example, the Play and Arena stats are displayed on the quest log screen. In order to see which cards I'm missing from my collection, I have to go into Crafting Mode. Huh?

* You can only make 9 custom decks. Dunno why. Seems ridiculous. That's basically only 1 deck per class. I can easily see wanting to make multiple kinds of deck per class. They really shouldn't limit the number of custom decks.

* Apparently there's going to be a ladder system which resets each week, but there's no sign of it in game. Maybe they're still working on it. But hopefully they build a UI for it in-game so we can see where everyone is at on the ladder. I also hope they have multiple ladders, with some lasting more than just a week. This should be the heart and soul of the game, and it's a little concerning that it's completely absent right now.

Kz 10-07-2013 11:25 AM

nice review one other thing i think it needs is its own Tournament Mode. i think if they did something like a poker Sit n go type thing that would be amazing. where like 10 or 20 people buy in and play it out and winner takes 70% or w/e they wanna do.

Fusa 10-07-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gogan (Post 85167)

* No non-arena means of farming gold. There's a daily quest worth 40 gold, and after that you get 10 gold for every 3 games or so that you win, but that's just not enough. For those of us that won't be consistently getting 7-9 wins in arena (which, despite what KZ says, is not so easy), it'll take a long time to get enough gold to compete. Maybe there will be more quests come release. We'll see.

I laughed at the 7-9 wins for every win someone has to lose, so there will be a lot less people with 7-9 wins then there will be people getting 5 wins

Kz 10-07-2013 06:59 PM

nother wave going out. check ur emails. u can get multiple ones too apparently so if you have one check anyway.

https://twitter.com/CM_Zeriyah/statu...14030806695937

Kz 10-08-2013 04:31 PM

more again today. anyone get lucky cuz i sure didn't :(

Gogan 10-08-2013 04:37 PM

No extras on this end.

Blake 10-08-2013 05:04 PM

if u do get extra i say u give them to me and not KZ. just to hear him cry

Fusa 10-08-2013 05:07 PM

I would say let blake play diablo 3 I hear he absolutely loves it to death, a good candidate for extras would be myself ;)

Kz 10-08-2013 05:20 PM

blake claimed d3 was a godsend then quit about 1 week after begging me constantly to play, he also denies that he quit but he hasn't logged on in like 2 weeks+

Quintilian 10-09-2013 04:41 PM

Got in today :D

Fusa 10-09-2013 04:55 PM

nice grats quin keep looking for multiple keys many people who have already been tagged via "waves" also get tagged for future waves so it seems. so please be on the lookout I know Kz and I are still in need of a lucky draw of the waves

Kz 10-09-2013 04:55 PM

nice quin

Kz 10-09-2013 04:55 PM

fucking kaddy go in too i hate my life

Megasteve 10-09-2013 05:08 PM

5 accounts, nothing yet.

Quintilian 10-09-2013 05:14 PM

Yeap, if I get an extra key I'll let you guys know.

Yooxra 10-09-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintilian (Post 85199)
Yeap, if I get an extra key I'll let you Kz know.

wtf? Falcons suck

Quintilian 10-09-2013 11:45 PM

I played a bunch today and did one Arena match and just... destroyed the poor guy. He had no idea what to do. Was kind of hilarious.