Gentlemen of Leisure

Gentlemen of Leisure (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   USA Canada game (http://www.gentlemen-of-leisure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46474)

Nucholza 02-21-2010 07:34 PM

USA Canada game

Man what a game, anyone else watch it? Some incredible plays. Lots of these hockey games so far have been amazing to watch and its still only the prelims.

SUCK IT CANADA

Cruci 02-21-2010 08:12 PM

Miracle on Ice Pt 2. minus the whole duking out the Cold War on ice thing.

Oh Canada...

Vayd 02-22-2010 01:12 AM

Hockey? What's that? Ah, can't blame me for not knowing what it is--no one in America gives a shit about hockey. How's that feel Fusa? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Megasteve 02-22-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vayd (Post 70603)
Hockey? What's that? Ah, can't blame me for not knowing what it is

That's because terrorists can't ice skate. Hence why Russia is safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vayd (Post 70603)
no one in America gives a shit about hockey. How's that feel Fusa? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hey towelie out of the 30 teams in the NHL, 24 are from the US and 6 are from Canada.

Onion 02-22-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megasteve (Post 70622)
Hey towelie out of the 30 teams in the NHL, 24 are from the US and 6 are from Canada.

Yes you'll note that every other major sport league has 1 or 2 at most teams in Canada. Strengthening the argument that no one cares about hockey vs any other sport.

Nucholza 02-22-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onion (Post 70624)
Yes you'll note that every other major sport league has 1 or 2 at most teams in Canada. Strengthening the argument that no one cares about hockey vs any other sport.

I look at it as we do our best to keep the Canadians from tainting our sports, but they invented hockey so we have to take some pity on them and let them play with us.

Fusa 02-22-2010 06:17 PM

1 person lost it for us that game.

The Goalie.

44~shots vs 25~shots
3 goals vs 4goals
Amazing saves vs pylon who sniffed glue before the game.

Other then that good win, to bad it wasn't a make or break game.

Canada wins gold I bet =D

Nucholza 02-22-2010 07:22 PM

Eh, I dunno, I don't think Brodeur did all that bad - only one goal was really his fault. The other goals were pretty crazy and almost impossible to stop especially that first one. A lot of those Canadian shots on goal were pretty louzy shots that were wide, hit the post, or directly hit Miller which makes the goal % look a lot worse than it really is.

I got my money on Russia knocking Canada out in the quarterfinals. Ovechkin is gonna knock Pronger and Crosby on their asses.

Cruci 02-23-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusa (Post 70628)
1 person lost it for us that game.

The Goalie.

44~shots vs 25~shots
3 goals vs 4goals
Amazing saves vs pylon who sniffed glue before the game.

Other then that good win, to bad it wasn't a make or break game.

Canada wins gold I bet =D

I blame Chokemaster Crosby, he's never going to be the kind of player that Ovechkin is, and neither could touch Rafalski.

Cruci 02-23-2010 10:05 AM

Oh, and 44 shots and only 3 goals? Sounds like a bunch of pussy Canadians trying to feather the puck in. Oh wait, that's what it was. :)