Thread: Dragon Age 3
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Fuse Member

Somehow missed your post a couple weeks ago, Grupp.

I know what you mean. I was pretty frustrated and disappointed with the tactical combat view when I started too. It takes a lot of getting used to, but it does get easier. Still, they could certainly make improvements here. I ended up dropping the difficulty to get through the game b/c I felt it was the controls more than anything that was holding me back.

The story wasn't spectacular, but I didn't find it terrible either. It's definitely slow though. You'll get a lot more out of it by consistently talking to all your companions. Overall, the game does get better, but it's a big investment too. I think I finished with maybe 75 hours of gameplay. Fighting the different dragons in the world is a lot of fun, and many of the character specs/skills are fun to play as well. So it has its redeeming qualities.

From what I've heard, the side quests in Witcher 3 are a lot more rewarding than DA:I. While I really prefer the slower, tactical style combat of DA as opposed to the more action/arcade style of Witcher, the fact that DA:I doesn't really deliver on the tactical side of things means they basically both play the same. So it's entirely possible Witcher3 is simply the better game between the two.

Hopefully the sequel will improve many of DA:I's deficiencies.