Thread: EQ Next
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
You've been looking forward to EQN for a while now Yoox. What'd you think of today's preview?
I like what I saw.

Destructible environments I think will change so much about the game to keep players on their toes constantly to watch terrain that is constantly changing around you. I think both for pvp & pve it will make for very interesting ramifications. Think Akir fight and all the movement then think monsters breaking things around you. Or breaking apart wsg. A hole in the middle of the WSG tunnel would suck. I want to see how this will work out in dungeons and other areas that aren't wide open.

Quote:
Players will occasionally be prevented from destroying things, Georgeson says, because otherwise "player cities would become player parking lots." Monsters, however, can and will show up to wreak havoc, and left unchecked, they can do plenty of damage to player settlements. A dragon, for instance, may come in and knock a castle wall down, necessitating repairs.
Very interested in the crafting/building system they plan to provide players with. How deep will building castles and stuff go. You can flag an area that is yours and you can add people to help build if you like. How complex will building be if you have say 100 people building in an area for 2 months like they said. If something takes a lot of people to build than you must be building whole towns and big type stuff. I don't think you can destroy flagged area's so question is can you build in non flag areas and obviously destroy what's built will keep things interesting if so. Maybe there will be timers and when you can destroy stuff with players and maybe monsters do as they please when they please. How much freedom and power you have to build the world and craft is a big interest for me.

Quote:
For EverQuest lifers, of course, many of the elements that have defined the series over the years will still be in place.
Interested in seeing how much of this is true and how it holds up under the new exciting changes. I can see a massive fight in lower guk for goods/loot while so much is happening all around you at the sametime. So many good memories and even some bad with arguing and fighting with other players over pretty much everything from camping spawn sites for certain mobs for loot to many other things. Then it spilling into forums. WW3 almost broke out with the germans over a raid zone in 2001 I believe it was, one of those early 2000's years.

Quote:
Fans can build landmarks; and if the developers like them enough, they will be put in the game.
Sounds like they want help to finish the game faster by doing this. Which i'm fine with if people want to help then go ahead. Also fine with people building and being able to put their builds up for sale. Sounds like win win for players and developers. If I find myself with free time I might try this. I think i'll be playing the game for all the new fun before doing any kind of "job part" if it turned into feeling like that cause I was trying to make money. That's all optional tho and I think I would really enjoy building so if I could make a little money for that I don't see why not, win win. I wonder how that fits into the game later on, make a castle tower then put it up for sale, then that person can perma plant that tower over and over, wonder how that will effect things.

Quote:
Having been in development for more than four years now, EverQuest Next has been something of a mystery to fans, to the point that it's been regarded by some as vaporware. Now that SOE has taken off the wraps, it's clear that they have some very interesting ideas for the MMORPG space. With World of Warcraft on the decline and no clear successor ready to take its place as the dominant MMO of the generation, the time is ripe for a new MMORPG to rise up. It's still early, but EverQuest Next has at least established itself as a strong contender for that position; a worthy comeback for one of the genre's founders.
I'm interesting in seeing something *NEW*. We have played these games way to much to enjoy them for an extended period of time. If this turns out to have many options that we haven't seen in mmo's I think it will be fresh and very fun.