Thread: Overwatch
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Fuse Member

I watched a LOT of it on twitch during last year's beta event. It looked like a ton of fun, especially when playing with friends.

Now that I played a bit last night, I can safely say it is meeting all my expectations. I'm not a FPS player historically, but Overwatch is really fun and they've made it super easy for new players to get started. It's extremely well polished for a beta.

I never played TF2, but everyone compares Overwatch to it so I think that's the closest comparison. I wouldn't say there's anything moba-like about it. It's a pure team-based strategy FPS. I throw in the "strategy" part, because there's a bit more to it than something like CS:GO. They put a lot of emphasis on being able to switch heroes during a match, to counter whatever your opponents are doing. So I think there will be a big "meta" game, where certain heroes will be favored on certain maps against certain opponents. It'll be interesting to follow.

Otherwise, there's not much to learn so I think it's pretty easy to pick up just by watching the streams.