Thread: GoT S4 is out
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
LOL!

Not a bad episode tonight, but easily the weakest of the season. I don't think they did a good job showing the enormous size of the wildling army. I know they only threw a fraction of the entire army at the wall, but it never looked like very many people. I was expecting a Braveheart like battle, but instead it looked like any other skirmish they've shown so far. Sad to see Ygritte die; she was one of my favourites. But I suppose that was inevitable.

*I haven't seen this episode yet but...*

Its been a few years since I read the book, but if I remember correctly the battle between the Thenns and the Night's Watch where Ygritte dies only involved a couple hundred people. A small bunch were sent to scale the wall in order to surprise Castle Black (sending in the special forces to do some infrastructure damage so the grunts can roll in and claim all the women...!); it sounds like the show is just staying true to the book.

One thing this show doesn't seem to lack is scale. If the Blackwater was any indicator, I have a hard time believing that you'll be disappointed when we see what Mance has up his sleeve.