View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 PM

sweet!

Oh hello mate

True honor to write with the Shield slam champion

Ok here it is. I went protection after TBC came out. Started right away to get as much info about tanking in every thinkable way posible for me.
Then I read a lot about shield slams. Found out that it could actually be quite amazing dmg if you combined things and had the right eq. I searched the net for shield slam after a bit and ofc the first thing that pops at google, was Ciderhelm
After reading a big part of your amazing tanking guide, I got quite exitet
Then I saw your screenshots and videos and wtf??? I really dont get how you can do that. I have done everything I could to do it after. I got the every single item outside raiding instances that suplies me with the most block value posible.
Even got the autoblocker 600 and ofc the old scarab from Chromaggus. Everything! Except bracers from Attumen, shoulders with block value (never gotten T2 or T3 shoulders....) and I need a helm. Else everything.

Here is 2x screenies from what I have made as the biggest. Frapsed and then screenie so the quallity is not good.

This one was on a mage with 2 sunders. I got zerker buff, enrage, deathwish and autoblocker. I might get it a bit higher with a sunder more. dunno for sure.

This one was tricky. I got critted, so enrage, using deathwish, autoblocker and got Halaa buff. Shield slamming the warrior after he got sunder, standing in zerker stance, using deathwish, using recklessness got occured by kidney shot by rogue with imp. kidney. This is possible one of the ways to make it as big as possible outside bg I think. Dunno what more should be needed.

All this is with 779 block value when using autoblocker. After this all the extra bonuses are added ofc. Im specced in deathwish, enrage, imp shield block and 1h weap spec. Dont think I miss anything with that.

Now mate! What is it I do wrong? I saw your record on ~7130 something. I cant find your profile anywhere so got no clue how your char is.

Think you could give me an explanation mate? Would be so lovely

Regards
Akilleuz