View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Fuse Member

thanks for all the info, but I have no idea what you're talking about tenzo -_-

What I was referring to was that I didn't know if my current CPU would work in the new motherboard I originally posted about - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130228

I'm guessing from what you're saying that my current CPU (dual core AMD 64 x2 socket AM2) *should* work in this new motherboard since it supports a more advanced socket AM3 chip and *should* be backwards compatible with a socket AM2

Anyway, about the only thing I do is play WoW so yeah not looking for something super duper high end, I'm just sick of getting 15 FPS in raids and taking 30 seconds to zone or 2 min for the mailbox to load after logging into the game from Dalaran.

In any case, I understand the points about triple-core being pretty useless for WoW and I suppose the main reason I was going to upgrade my mobo/cpu/ram was I had been reading that RAM speed is a large factor in WoW performance so I figured going from DDR2 800 to DDR3 1600 would be a noticeable difference.

But for right now I'm going to wait a few more days for the video card onion is sending me to arrive and see how my FPS in raids is and if I'll still need to upgrade. Maybe the video card is all that is wrong, I've seen/read a lot of complaints about the 8800 GT and WoW.