Thread: Esmmo?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Fuse Member

I dunno. I want to like this, but like almost every single other comment from these articles you're posting, I'm not terribly impressed yet. I didn't see the screenshots before they were taken down, but every single commenter said they looked bad.

There's some strange notes from the last link you posted:

Quote:
-There most likely won't be dragons
Lame.

Quote:
-The combat model will not be real time due to latency
Huh?

Quote:
-The combat is based around a stamina bar which you can use to sprint, block, interrupt, and break incapacitating effects
-Blocking is the primary focus of these abilities, and can do things like stopping the secondary effects of attacks such as an ice spell slowing you
-ZeniMax feels that having the stamina bar will help break down the Holy Trinity as stamina allows you to do things like tank
-However, healing is still a big part of the game
-There is also no aggro mechanic in the game, which is part of the reason stamina blocking and healing exist
Sounds kinda strange -- especially the no aggro part. But I guess we'll wait and see how it plays out.

Sounds like the leveling experience is a lot like GW2, which looked pretty cool when I saw it. Overall though, I'm not seeing anything really unique here to think it's going to break the mold like they're claiming.

Last edited by Gogan; 05-04-2012 at 12:16 PM.