Thread: Die Die Die
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Robert Downey was always awesome. Always.

My problem with Afleck as Barman is the same problem I have with Kutcher as Steve Jobs. He's too memorable in other (usually lighthearted) roles to make us believe he's Batman. I guess we'll see how it turns out, but I'm not holding my breath.
I know where you're coming from. I feel the same way about Nicholson's Joker, anything with Michael Cera, and Kutcher who will always be Kelso to me, but I've never felt that from Affleck. He has a few good roles on top of several bad ones (Clerks, Good Will Hunting, Argo, Daredevil, Gigli, and Dogma are the movies that I can recall). He may catch so much flak because he could be more of a pure actor who shies away from the greater decision process (whereas a Hanks or Bale type might not have as many bad roles because they're more knowledgeable of the entire process of making a movie). The bad movies that I've seen from him have problems that even the best acting couldn't salvage. I have a hard time believing that Zach Snyder is going to let him get by with a sub-par performance. My biggest reservation is and will always be that they're combining two universes into one story...