Thread: Die Die Die
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
So overall I am not really too excited about this. Some people have mentioned that Ben Affleck is a good choice based solely on his strong chin (and apparently how that will look great in the batsuit). My issue is, I just have a hard time seeing him as Bruce. The boston accent, the baby face, nothing about him makes me think that there is a total badass hiding beneath the surface. I have seen so many people try to make the comparison to how ledger was shit on when he was first announced as joker. I am not really sure how to put my thoughts on that subject correctly into words, but the issue is that Joker is such a Character, with a capital C. There is nothing really human or related about him. The audience isn't supposed to feel empathy with him in anyway. He really could just be portrayed a million ways. Psycho, funny, violent, crazy. There is so much room to interpret the character, honestly, I think it would be hard for anyone to portray him terribly, they would all just "different". Luckily Ledger was awesome. But Batman is the hero. He is supposed to have something that the viewer instantly attaches too. I dunno how else to put that exactly. I just don't think Affleck has that.