View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Fuse Member

I picked this up last night against my better judgement and all logic. Was watching people stream it over the weekend during the headstart.

Looks ok -- about what we all expected as a wow clone. (I really don't understand those people saying it's not a clone because it fundamentally is.) The mob telegraphing looks interesting, so I'll give it that. But otherwise questing looks grindy and not all that interesting -- just like every other MMO. Raiding seems like it'll be inaccessible to anyone other than very well organized and competent guilds (in other words, not me). The raid fights themselves seem to be a combination of "don't stand in the telegraphed attack" and "everyone interrupt the boss's ability at the same time or we wipe" -- soooo not interested in that. Interrupt-based fights were always the suckiest experience in WoW; I can't imagine why people think it'll be fun as the core mechanic in WS.

So yeah, I don't know why I picked it up. Temporary insanity maybe. But I'll play a bit this week.