View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Fuse Member

I actually forgot all about Walking Dead on Sunday since Game of Thrones also premiered that night. Watched the finale last night. Wasn't a bad episode. I wish they wrapped up the Governor's character though. I'm really not interested in seeing him again.

I actually like what they're doing to Carl. He's still an annoying little shit, but the character development is interesting and poignant. Now that Rick is regaining his sense of humanity, Carl, who has seen the damage caused by being too hopeful and trusting is now headed down a dark path during his very impressionable years. There's potential for some good drama there.

Andrea was a moron at times, but she never bothered me too much. I'm a little surprised they killed her off. I knew they'd kill Merl off though. There was no way he could coexist peacefully after what he did to Michone, Glenn, and Maggy. So knowing he'd have to die, I actually like the way the writers did it. As much as a I hated the Governor, his method of killing someone and having them turn into a zombie to terrorize their friends was a great idea.

I think Walking Dead should take a page out of GoT's book and reduce the season to 10 episodes. This last season would've been much more successful without the dragged out storylines.