Thread: MMX - Legacy
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Fuse Member

A couple observations:

Dual wield is sick. Coupled with weapons that do splash damage to other mobs on the same tile as your target, coupled with Paladin's Mandate of Heaven, and the damage output is crazy. I originally skilled up two-handed weapons with my Barbarian but recently started dual wielding instead and I'm now blowing through content (~mid act 3, lvl24ish).

Druid Elders are really strong. Regen plus Nurture is super mana efficient healing that keeps my party topped off even under tons of pressure. And if my Druid gets pacified somehow (feebleminded, knocked out, mana drained, etc) and loses a few turns, it's no biggie. Coupled with the Paladin's backup healing and celestial shield and I'm surviving fights I didn't think I'd have a prayer in.

I feel pretty invincible right now. I'm looking forward to playing through again with a Runepriest, but I can't imagine it being better than the Druid's passive healing.

On another note, I can't imagine playing through this game w/o the various guides out there. Some of the storyline quests give you so little information it's silly. "Find so-and-so somewhere out in the world. Good luck!" Not to mention some npcs only show up in certain places at certain times of the day... forget about it. It might be interesting to try and play completely blind, but you'd have to take copious notes on everything you encounter.