Thread: Wildstar
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Thought this deserved a bump.

I'm not sure if you fellas are still high on this game, but I've been having a blast with the beta. Best first impression I've had from an MMO next to WoW. I'll be preordering very soon.

General Thoughts:

-Excellent balance between story/exposition and action. You're able to get fairly involved in the story without it being much a time sink (perfect for the tl:dr generation)
-Really dig the telegraph system, should make for some new and interesting group challenges
-I'm not sure if it was a bug, but it seems they instance sub zones so that the fodder changes as the story progresses; really nice balance between game pace and general explorability
-Paths seem gimmicky in the early game, I hope they can really develop them into something worthwhile
-Very fluid gameplay, not clunky at all unlike ESMMO
-Probably my favorite standard ui of the games that I have played
-The biggest knock on the game from those who haven't played it is that it looks like the most unapologetic WoW clone yet. I disagree, it's no more or less a clone than any other game. After playing through 10 hours or so I think it'll be unique enough that it's going to have staying power

Last edited by Cruci; 05-14-2014 at 05:35 PM.