Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Fuse Member

Nosgoth

Looks like it might be fun. Hopefully the people behind this can go back to making single player games again at some point, Legacy of kain series that is.

http://www.nosgoth.com/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...-moba-vampires

Beta starts soon. For those interested in this type of game. I might be, seems like an arena type game.

The Legacy of Kain - Remembering past games, imagining future ones.
10 canceled games of this series.
Little history about Nosgoth and the games that came to be for those interested. Originally very story driven turned into action sequels that no one wanted. Trying to add action while completely killing the story telling that made these games great. Same mistake that I feel many companies have made over the years ruining game series like final fantasy to many other games.

The first game that came out Legacy of kain: Blood omen. One of my all time favorite games that I have played. The story in this game amazed me and kept me wanting more. For a sequel that never came to be. As you can see in the canceled games they tried to make a sequel for Kain 4 times that got canceled before releasing soul reaver that I thought was a great game and had a good story. Not as good of a story of Kain, but was great for a another game in the series that could arc off. Still hoping that a Kain sequel would come, it finally did as an action driven game that was blood omen 2 which most people didn't enjoy like they did the first game. Then came defiance the last in the series till this day. Two games that were action driven, that I could not bring myself to play cause I knew the story telling of the first game was not going to be there. I heard they told some of the story which was ok but they both weren't that good.

Stilling hoping that a Kain sequel would come someday. Seeing canceled dead sun makes me very sad. They just don't make games with deep stories anymore imo.