Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
I hated the numerous Citadel errand quests.
Yep

Quote:
I really liked the way they incorporated all your past squad members in the story, even if they didn't join your team. Loved seeing how some had evolved since ME2, e.g. Jack and Mordin especially. The romance storyline fell really short though. Maybe it was just my choices (ME1 was Ash, ME2 was Miranda, ME3 back to Ash), but there was very little time spent on that storyline. I will say, though, that I laughed a lot at some of the characters' lines. The romance between Joker and EDI was hysterical, especially seeing it evolve to that point from ME2. Catching Garrus and Tali kissing was funny. Listening to Tali when she got drunk -- hysterical. There were lots of little one-liners throughout the game that were just really funny. Don't remember that kind of dialog in ME1 or 2.
The character stories are great in the series. Really what kept me wanting more. For Blakes love interests before he got married, I'll let you know which love interests he had in mass effect.

ME1 - Urdnot Wrex

ME2 - Jacob Taylor

ME3 - James Vega

Quote:
However they really dropped the ball on the universe exploration. In theory, flying around uncovering assets while trying to evade the reapers seems like it would be cool. But it was more annoying and useless than anything else. That whole "scan" mechanic blew. ME1 probably did the best job with the side-mission exploration. ME2 wasn't too bad, but it was more focused on resource collecting.
Agree. I really enjoyed the exploring from ME1. It was great running into new stories while actually exploring so many planets. Looks like they are listening to fans cause they said that they are bringing make the Mako and exploring in the next Mass effect.

Quote:
I didn't mind the ending at all. Not sure why the internet hated it so much. The whole citadel/crucible thing was an interesting twist and I kind of liked it. I always loved the idea of man vs machine and history repeating itself (e.g. BSG).
Can't agree with this more. I felt the same way. I really thought it was good that they kept the story sorta simple with the man vs machine thing. From the beginning you knew that the reapers were there to remove all bio life from the galaxy. Then we found out why. The ME3 only explained further on why they were doing it.

I enjoyed the series and i'm looking forward to the next one.