Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Fuse Member

I don't know, I can see how her dad doesn't realize it. If I were him I'd expect my daughter to try and let me know that she's in there instead of pretending to be a mindless robot.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
I watched about the first 10 minutes of the pilot on Bravo today. Seemed like a mix between Star Wars and The Secret Life of the American Teenager so I abruptly turned it off. Super gay.

Pretty ironic though, because watching Bravo in the first place is typically queer.

Anywho, for serious naow, looked pretty interesting, just had to bolt to class, little disappointing.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruci View Post
I watched about the first 10 minutes of the pilot on Bravo today. Seemed like a mix between Star Wars and The Secret Life of the American Teenager so I abruptly turned it off. Super gay.

Pretty ironic though, because watching Bravo in the first place is typically queer.

Anywho, for serious naow, looked pretty interesting, just had to bolt to class, little disappointing.
Maybe if you watch the show and go to a Caprica convention in the future you might get some robotic pussy.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Fuse Member

Finally got around to watching the rest of this after only seeing the pilot. Man, this was such a great show. Can't believe it was cancelled. Criminal.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Fuse Member

With Stargate Universe canceled as well and Fringe on it's way out I'm starting to think sci fi series on TV are doomed lately
Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Yep, really enjoyed it, haven't finished it, but it was definitely better than most of the stuff on the major networks...like V.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Fuse Member

Diana is back on V!

Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
SGU got cancelled? huge sadface

BTW the ending to Caprica, although it got cancelled, was still really good. I was slightly pissed off though that the whole show I was thinking this was the great Bill Adama, but it was just his dead older brother.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Fuse Member

Yep and on the note of SGU being canceled with the other shit on syfy, i'm getting to the point of not gonna be watching syfy no more. Not gonna watch alot of other channel shows no more either.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
BTW the ending to Caprica, although it got cancelled, was still really good. I was slightly pissed off though that the whole show I was thinking this was the great Bill Adama, but it was just his dead older brother.
Yeah, that was kind of a weird twist. I guess that also means the Doc Coddle they showed in the finale was Coddle Sr., and not the one from BSG. Bill Adama seemed like he was in his 50s in BSG, which would make Caprica's Coddle 80+ years old in BSG. Doesn't seem right to me. It's too bad, because it was kind of neat thinking we were watching these prominent BSG characters in their youth.

Speaking of the finale, I didn't quite catch the significance of some of the characters that they showed in that final montage. For example...

* did Lacy Rand turn into the predecessor to BSG's oracle?
* Who did her boot-camp-boyfriend turn into? Looked like he became the head of STO. Were they ever mentioned in BSG?
* Clarice Willow seemed to be the one to spark the revolt in the cylons. Was that character ever referenced in BSG?

I guess Season 2 would've done more to connect the two shows, so it's really too bad they canned it so soon.

Last edited by Gogan; 01-10-2011 at 02:13 PM.