Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2007, 07:22 AM

Hello Ciderhelm

Hey Ciderhelm

May I ask, do you still watch these forums?

Also great post on realm forum. Really impressive and helpful.

Regards
Akilleuz
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 AM

cider? nah he's too busy with zach's mom to post here.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=smell;3344]cider? nah he's too busy with zach's mom to post here.

this is a hot combination
Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 AM
Eventide Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilleuz View Post
Hey Ciderhelm

May I ask, do you still watch these forums?

Also great post on realm forum. Really impressive and helpful.

Regards
Akilleuz

yes! what's up??
Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 PM

sweet!

Oh hello mate

True honor to write with the Shield slam champion

Ok here it is. I went protection after TBC came out. Started right away to get as much info about tanking in every thinkable way posible for me.
Then I read a lot about shield slams. Found out that it could actually be quite amazing dmg if you combined things and had the right eq. I searched the net for shield slam after a bit and ofc the first thing that pops at google, was Ciderhelm
After reading a big part of your amazing tanking guide, I got quite exitet
Then I saw your screenshots and videos and wtf??? I really dont get how you can do that. I have done everything I could to do it after. I got the every single item outside raiding instances that suplies me with the most block value posible.
Even got the autoblocker 600 and ofc the old scarab from Chromaggus. Everything! Except bracers from Attumen, shoulders with block value (never gotten T2 or T3 shoulders....) and I need a helm. Else everything.

Here is 2x screenies from what I have made as the biggest. Frapsed and then screenie so the quallity is not good.

This one was on a mage with 2 sunders. I got zerker buff, enrage, deathwish and autoblocker. I might get it a bit higher with a sunder more. dunno for sure.

This one was tricky. I got critted, so enrage, using deathwish, autoblocker and got Halaa buff. Shield slamming the warrior after he got sunder, standing in zerker stance, using deathwish, using recklessness got occured by kidney shot by rogue with imp. kidney. This is possible one of the ways to make it as big as possible outside bg I think. Dunno what more should be needed.

All this is with 779 block value when using autoblocker. After this all the extra bonuses are added ofc. Im specced in deathwish, enrage, imp shield block and 1h weap spec. Dont think I miss anything with that.

Now mate! What is it I do wrong? I saw your record on ~7130 something. I cant find your profile anywhere so got no clue how your char is.

Think you could give me an explanation mate? Would be so lovely

Regards
Akilleuz
Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Eventide Emeritus

There's one other item which is putting you just slightly off. If you already have this, I apologize.

Specifically, it is called the Glyph of Deflection. It's a trinket off Sapphiron that is nearly identical to Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker. The two can be equipped and activated at the same time.

.... however,
You are very, very close to my own records right now. You've definitely got more +block value gear, aside from that trinket, than I did (heck, just looking at your cloak in the screenshot).
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 AM

ohh!

Ohh they stack? :-O Jesus thats a lot of block. Well that makes a good explanation I never thought of that. Or even it was possible. Normally trinkets like that dont stack.

Hmm well thx alot for that :-) Also I wondrered, are you not playing anymore? I saw a post where you told how bored you had become of the game, cause of the raid reduce in players. From 40 to 25. That it was a loss to your game fun. Sorry to hear that :-( But maybe you didnt stop, since you still walk these forums.

Anyway still love your work mate And thx alot for taking time off to my post :-)
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 AM

Oh btw I dont have the trinket :-(

ps. thee reason I asked about your activity, was that I havent been able to find your profile on armory so
Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 AM
Eventide Emeritus

ack!

I didn't say I was *bored* of the game. The game itself is great! but no, I'm not playing, and currently don't intend to renew my subscription. I'm working on finishing up in college, and as much as I loved 30+ hours/week of raiding at every conceivable time, it just wasn't going to work out w/ life.

I'm playing Vanguard now. It gives me alot more personal flexibility with schedule. I wouldn't venture for a second to say it has better raiding or better Warrior class design -- it does not. But it's a worthy game with huge potential.

I'm still catching up on the Warrior forums a bit and reading new posts, as well as checking other websites as well. I saw a Prot Warrior who posted a ~4800 SS with berserking on Warcraftmovies.com and it made me wish I had hosted my own fraps clips a bit earlier. Maybe I'll throw it up there.

Anyway, if you are making a video for release, let me know when it's done so I can watch it.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 AM

ahh yeah bored was properly not what you said. Sorry about that :-)

Well it's nice you still keep yourself updated on forums. Not easy to get in contact with your kind of player so.

Yeah I made 2x movies alrdy. But those were from old High Warlord time like over a year ago. And another from like 2 month before TBC came out. All Arms and Fury dps videos.

But when you try out being top damage dealer in every single raid every week, you kinda got what you need from that part. So thats why I have gotten so much into Protection. Also being MT and raidleader now and I like it alot.

but for above, yes I intend to make a movie out from this :-) Tank dps ^^ Sounds so boring and pathetic, but I hope it will be a blast :-D So I will defently reply here when it's done. Also, too bad you don't have your ~7130 crit on video :-P Would have been awsome on warcraftmovies ^^ hehe