Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-18-2007, 03:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to arcadiandisk Send a message via AIM to arcadiandisk Send a message via MSN to arcadiandisk Send a message via Yahoo to arcadiandisk
Kimbo to debut in MMA

Thanks to Rex on the tip off on this.

Apparently Slice will make his sanctioned MMA debut against former world champion boxer Ray Mercer at Cage Fury Fighting Championship 5, to be held in Atlantic City, New Jersey on June 23, 2007.
A video of Slice signing for the fight can be seen on the Cage Fury official website.

Slice talks about his upcoming debut in an interview with touchgloves.com. The match is a three-round exhibition utilizing all professional rules of mixed martial arts combat.

Slice will be featured on The Iron Ring, a new television series airing on BET which features mixed martial arts prospects. Slice will be a part of the selection process for the participants.

If you're not familiar with Kimbo (he will kill you for not knowing him) you can check out his previous fights here and here.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to arcadiandisk Send a message via AIM to arcadiandisk Send a message via MSN to arcadiandisk Send a message via Yahoo to arcadiandisk
Also Brock Lesnar has a MMA fight coming up on June 2nd.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
I am sorry, MAYBE I can see that one huge black dude (who gets the meatball eye) or the giant white dude making an attempt. But really, what the fuck are these other dudes thinking. I mean, really.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:43 PM

brock lesnar...eh...not so much. HUGE dude, tuff guy (football, and even wwf isnt easy stuff)...but MMA tuff? he aint used to takin shots to the face for real (at least i dont think he is)

should be interesting tho
Kurt Angle is "in talks" with UFC i read...same with Lesnar

EDIT:
One of those 4 (not the white guy, not the giant asian) is Royce Gracie. he'd whoop them all (at least in his prime) and only Kimbo would put a hurtin on him. Mad JiuJitsu skills. was UFC's top guy way back in the day.

EDIT:
im impressed with Mercer already. Didn't get up there an talk trash, gave props left an right (even to kimbo); Very humble.
Kimbo on the other hand "ima break you boss"

Last edited by smell; 05-18-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Fuse Member

Word Danny!!!! Good lookin out. After Kimbo wins and inevitably fights in Vegas, I will be there.

Eventide + Kimbo + The Vegas = people takin "naps" in the Mirage bathroom under the sink.

Rex

P.S. I knocked out a 50 year-old bum after the Mayweather vs. De La Hoya fight.... Am I proud? No. But he started it.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Nate: "I ordered 4 cheeseburgers and they gave me 4 orange juices."
Danny: "What did you do with the 4 orange juices?"
Nate: "I drank them and left."

In regards to the bum fight...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I only wish I could have seen it.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:30 PM

Vegas Baby!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 11:44 PM

Rex...was it a One shot KO? if so, no reason to NOT be proud!