Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
The whole reason the others wanted Aaron in the first place was to study the fact that babies aren't born on the island or are fucked up so if he's born not on the island there's no reason for Ethan to steal him.
I'd be disappointed if that's all there was to it. They made a big deal about aaron early on when Claire went to see the psychic. Made us think there would be something special about aaron -- kinda like with Walt.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Fuse Member

I haven't been binging on Lost seasons, but I think that the necklace belongs to Kate's prospective mother in-law? And she feels guilty about the whole thing and leaves the gifted necklace behind.

I can't quite explain why, but I feel like I'm looking down the barrel of the disappointment shotgun. I really don't know how they are going to tie up most (they can't possibly do all) of the loose ends. They would have to have an entire episode that's pretty much Q&A (think Matrix 2 where he talks to the controller) to get everything straightened out.

I have this terrible feeling that the last scene of the series is going to have all of the survivors of flight 815 in some giant hospital/lab where all of these things scenarios are just playing out in their subconscious minds as a giant destiny/morality experiment conducted by the Dharma Initiative.

/frustrated

Unfortunately I already had this exact picture tattooed on my chest, but this shirt is very useful in colder weather.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Fuse Member

Well, Aaron could be a prospective next gen leader and that's why Ethan is there to get him. I don't think they wanted him because of the mothers dying thing since Claire didn't get pregnant on the island, right?

I'll have to rewatch the episode where Kate gets married - you're probably right and that was the step-mother, but she was def. on the run and had killed her stepfather already.

I'll be VERY suprised if Sayid is Jacob incarnate. That just doesn't make sense to me, but I guess it could end up being some huge twist. Its all a bit too confusing with how the temple others seem to be aligned with Jacob and want to protect the Oceanic-6 yet the smoke monster lives underneath the temple. The biggest part that I don't get is how they said if Sayid were to die they'd be in big trouble and they failed to save him so how could that be Jacob if the whole reason they tried to save Sayid was because Jacob said to? Only thing I can really see is that Sayid didn't really die, but I guess if he DID die it must be either A) An underling or part of the smoke monster B) Jacob C) something the infection does to recently deceased people D) something yet to be revealed. Ben said to Sun that dead is dead when she asked about Locke being alive so no way Sayid is still in there somewhere if he did actually die. blah blah blah

And yeah I kinda have the same hunch DQ that everyone will be very pissed at the end
Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
The same way they killed the Walt story, if the people from 815 were never meant to leave then why is he untouched and not have to go back? Because he aged beyond what was needed for the story so they killed it.
I don't think its that the Oceanic 815 weren't supposed to leave, just specifically the Oceanic-6 weren't supposed to leave. I suspect a big part of the storyline will have to do with Aaron needing to return to the island and maybe he saves claire.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:32 PM
GoL Member

Still think this whole thing has to do with the war between Jacob (white/free will) and the man in black[MIB]/smokey (black/fate) and with our main characters stuck right in the middle of their war.

We've kinda already seen chars take sides, with Locke relenting to his fate that he was supposed to be dead and having MIB take over his body. I'm guessing Jack would be on Jacobs side with how he is now that things can change if he does something like blow up a bomb.

I'm also bit confused with the recent events of Sayid like Nuch. Why would Jacob send Hurley and his guitar case with a note in it to revive Sayid only to have him come back "infected"? I'm do think the temple people are on Jacobs side because their bound to the whole choice thing as they can't kill Sayid without him choosing to eat the poison pill. Strange that Smokey lived there as well though..doesn't add up.

In any case will be interesting to see who our losties end up helping, could vary by character. My theory still goes on that these characters are all variables and pieces in the game their playing and we're going to see who wins by the end of this show which will explain why all the chars were brought there in the first place.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
At first I thought Sayid would be Jacob, but I don't think so anymore.

My theory: the smoke monster/man in black is Aaron. Jacob is the child of some of the other characters on the show, possibly jack and kate? Their remaining on the island turns into them having a child, being Jacob. For some reason, somehow the world ends in the not so distant future, but the island is not destroyed, because it exists slightly outside of time, or like, right as everything is destroyed, the island is sent back into time, as sort of a "life boat". As we have learned before, for whatever reason that i can't remember, the farther you travel from the future or whatever, the less you age (something like that). Richard is a good example. Having been on the island for so long, and existing so fucked up from his original time, he hasn't aged. Jacob and Smokey (aaron maybe?) are from basically the end of time, but are "rewound" hundreds, if not thousands of years into their past, making they literally immortal (being so far from their own time, and unable to die for whatever reasoning the show uses). Their original point in doing this? Manipulate things through time to hopefully prevent whatever future calamity. Remember when they were watching the BlackRock coming a shore? Something like "here they come, blah blah, they always bring trouble, blah blah" and Jacob says something about progress being better than the end or something (fuzzy memory on the exact quote). Jacob and Smokey may have had to live this over and over attempting to fix the end of time event, but failing. Smokey is sick of it though, and is tired of this endless cycle. I don't know, I am probably talking out of my ass.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
"It only ends once, everything else is just progress" something like that Rufus

I have no idea who Jacob and Smokey are, but the idea that they have been here before etc etc seems to keep coming up. Except this time Jacob died.

I've always wondered if they were ever going to explain Walt, remember how he kind of appeared places and then was gone, I think that was more some sort of special ability not just the Other's ability to disappear unseen.

Also, Nuch, the DI keeps sending care packages because of the Swan, that guy that Desmond took over for was a part of the DI. They knew that they had to keep doing that or something bad would happen. Also, don't they mention somewhere why it wasn't automated?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Fuse Member

See I kinda understand that line of thought Onion, but what I don't understand about that is then why did Desmonde NEVER exit the Swan and notice that there's all these new people on the island? They were there for something like 50 days I think before finding the Swan hatch and in all that time Desmonde never left the Swan at all and we know he's left before from the flashbacks with that other dude that was always leaving and made Desmonde stay behind.

I'm somewhat in the same line of thought that you are rufus, but I don't buy that the smoke monster is Aaron, but who knows could end up being right. I think Aaron might be the one who can kill the smoke monster, though. It seems to me that Jacob continually "brings" people to the island (the black rock, the french people with Russou, Oceanic 815) in an attempt to stop history from repeating itself. Which implies the island itself is caught in a time loop and Jacob/Smoke are the only constants on the islands. Its almost like a chess game that they're playing out over and over in attempt to find a way to stop it, which the smoke monster has finally figured out. My guess is that the chain of events he's started will cause the end of the world like you said, though.

What I"d like to know is if the smoke monster can leave the island like Jacob can. I don't think he can. I'm really not sure on all of this, but if I HAD to make a guess, its that Jacob really is watching over and protecting the island and the others have been the real good guys all along doing whatever it took to protect the island. Now the smoke monster has found away to circumvent Jacob's protection and will cause w/e destruction etc.

This is all a little hard to put into words so its all long and convoluted and I'm too lazy to make it nice and coherent.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
I've always wondered if they were ever going to explain Walt, remember how he kind of appeared places and then was gone, I think that was more some sort of special ability not just the Other's ability to disappear unseen.
?
I don't think that it was actually Walt, but as always they could go that way. There's a lot of times people show up that shouldn't be there like Walt does (Christian for example). I think that's one of the only things the smoke monster can do to manipulate people, but then again it could be Jacob as well.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Fuse Member

just got home from the bar...grain of salt...

It's pretty clear to me that Smokey can take the form and act as people who arrive on the island dead. The first I remember is Echo's brother who landed dead on the island fucking with Echo. Next we see Christian, who also landed dead and finally we see the, "loop hole," when he uses Locke to convince Ben to kill Jacob. This leads me to believe that in a future episode Hugo will see the smoke monster for what he is (since he really does 6th sense it) when Smokey is trying to trick the losties. I'm sure this is where the fat boy dies.

Another interesting thought is something that I saw on one of the recap shows that has the little blurbs that pop out on the bottom of the screen. In this version of last season's finale they make a big deal that Jacob touches some of the survivors (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke for sure) their flashbacks. They pointed out this touching multiple times. Lost is Lost, but this touch really seems to me like some type of future protection against Smokey, I bet we see Locke/Smokey unable to attack those that were touched. A past episode example of this would be in the episode where Echo died Smokey then turned on Locke, but mysteriously didn't fuck with him.

I can't really agree with all the Aaron/Walt back-stories playing in to the show's conclusion. It just fits in with my, "can't tie it all together," theory. The writers are in over their collective head's now and can't finish THIS seasons story lines much-less the entire series'.

I'm spent.

Unfortunately I already had this exact picture tattooed on my chest, but this shirt is very useful in colder weather.