Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2015, 07:54 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Ulduar

I was feeling nostalgic so I dug up some conversations about the best raids that Blizz ever put together. Ulduar was far and away the top choice. Several people made the insight that this was the pinnacle as far as creativity, scale, story and above all, fun; the finale of the "Vanilla" raid formula before the game transitioned into the a more linear, flex/"universal grab bag style". I found myself agreeing with this thinking (I wasn't around for the "other golden days" of the logistical nightmares that were 40Naxx, Twin Emps and the like) and found it fitting that it was Algalon that finally did us in. I don't think I would have lasted much longer than that anyway. The best part for me was always the time that went into making Fuse work. Some of the best friends I had were the ones that would shoot the shit in the downtime, the ones you had to be around because the community was so local. I've tried a few times since then and haven't really found that same magic again.

Anywho, thanks for an awesome couple of years fellas and thanks for not voting me down when I know I was probably not the most ideal recruit! Probably lame but I still watch our videos from time to time and play the Fuse Greatest Hits. I don't think I'll forget anytime soon!