Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 10-22-2016, 11:16 PM
Fuse Member

Elder Scrolls: Legends

Anyone else check this out yet? It's Bethesda's answer to Hearthstone.

I downloaded (free-to-play) the beta a week ago and been playing it here and there. It's actually pretty fun. There are various changes they've made to the game which makes it a refreshing and more interesting alternative to HS, imo.

For example, every 5 life you lose (at 25hp, 20hp, 15, 10, and 5) you automatically draw a card. Some cards are "prophecy" cards, meaning if they're drawn during your opponents turn, you can optionally play it immediately for free. So you need to be a little more strategic about going face.

They've also split up the board into two lanes, and each lane can employ a different mechanic. For example, the right lane is often the "shadow" lane, which will conceal any minions played for 1 turn. Open left lane and shadow right lane seems to be the default setup, but during the "story" mode you'll play on others. So there's tons of potential for different game modes in the future to keep things interesting.

I haven't read too much about it yet (e.g. what are the strong decks, how is the balance, etc), and I seriously doubt it'll approach Hearthstone levels of popularity, but so far I like it.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:47 AM
God

Lol. went to quakecon months ago and they were handing out free booster pack codes, i got like 5 of them. not even joking, YESTERDAY i cleaned off my desk and threw them away. sucks i could of gave them to you.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:44 AM
Fuse Member

Doh!