Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Fuse Member

It seems, sadly, that the beta for Wildstar is quite small. They said they got around 500,000 applicants, but only about 20,000 are in the actual beta. But, on the upside, they also did say it was planned to be out this year. ish.

It's the only MMO in a long time that's actually got me excited. Player housing, exploration, good art style (I've always preferred cartoony), and really slick races.

I also really enjoy their videos.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Thought this deserved a bump.

I'm not sure if you fellas are still high on this game, but I've been having a blast with the beta. Best first impression I've had from an MMO next to WoW. I'll be preordering very soon.

General Thoughts:

-Excellent balance between story/exposition and action. You're able to get fairly involved in the story without it being much a time sink (perfect for the tl:dr generation)
-Really dig the telegraph system, should make for some new and interesting group challenges
-I'm not sure if it was a bug, but it seems they instance sub zones so that the fodder changes as the story progresses; really nice balance between game pace and general explorability
-Paths seem gimmicky in the early game, I hope they can really develop them into something worthwhile
-Very fluid gameplay, not clunky at all unlike ESMMO
-Probably my favorite standard ui of the games that I have played
-The biggest knock on the game from those who haven't played it is that it looks like the most unapologetic WoW clone yet. I disagree, it's no more or less a clone than any other game. After playing through 10 hours or so I think it'll be unique enough that it's going to have staying power

Last edited by Cruci; 05-14-2014 at 05:35 PM.