Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 11-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Fuse Member

Fallout 4, LotV, SW Battlefront!

Big day! Fallout 4 and Legacy of the Void finally arrive! Will be a great few weeks of gaming ahead.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:14 PM
God

enjoying fo4 so far, havent got to far though
Old 11-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Fuse Member

Same. I'm not too far into it (level 6, I think?), but really enjoying it so far. It's almost overwhelmingly huge in scope.

Been playing LotV a bit too. About 5 or 6 missions into the campaign. Pretty typical SC2 experience so far, which is to say it's very good.

Tomorrow we get League of Explorers in Hearthstone. Really exceptional week for games. And next week we get Star Wars Battlefront!

Last edited by Gogan; 11-11-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:58 PM
God

I don't really game to much anymore. Though I have been really enjoying rocket league.

I can't really get into single player games so FO4 is really slow going for me. I think im playing it more because of the hype than the content.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:12 PM
God

The first wing of LoE was really easy. Just rolled through it and I don't even have current or "meta" decks.

The last boss was a pretty cool concept though.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Fuse Member

Adventures have always been that way though. Normal mode is supposed to be really easy so new players can get the new cards. Heroics usually require a little thought on deck construction. I haven't done the heroic version of the first wing yet, or the class challenges.

You were right; that last boss was a pretty cool concept.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Fuse Member

FO4 is insanely good. Should easily be game of the year. I'm about 40 hours in -- probably 20-30% through the game -- and I'm already looking forward to my second and third playthroughs.

Star Wars Battlefront, which was released last night, is also looking really fun. Only played about an hour, but the game engine is really impressive. Amazing graphics and sound. Games are really short (~5-8 mins), no toxic chat to deal with, and non-stop action. Progression system is compelling -- you earn credits and rank up the more you play, which lets you unlock character skins and weapons. People will inevitably call it a "casual" game (as opposed to something like CoD or CSGO), but I'm fine with that. It has that Hearthstone appeal of being really simple and enjoyable, and something you can play for 10-15 mins at a time. Will definitely satisfy the Star Wars urges for the next month until Force Awakens.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Fuse Member

I finally "finished" Fallout 4 over the weekend after ~90 hours. Technically, there are 4 different endings so I only saw one of them. At some point I'll check out the others. And I'd guess I only explored about 60-70% of the map. Lots of quests and locations I never even saw.

I played a little FO1 and 2 when they first came out -- never played FO3 or FONV -- so maybe I'm biased, but I thought FO4 really was incredible from start to finish. I never got tired of the combat or the exploration. I only finished the main story because I needed to get on with my life (and other games). I really want to go back and play FO3 and FONV now. Hopefully it won't be too painful.

I also finished the SC2:LotV campaign which was a lot of fun. Great ending, imho, and I kinda want to go back and replay WoL and HotS.

Now that those two are done, I'm trying to check out some of the classics I never played, such as BioShock, Deus Ex, and Crysis.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:10 AM
Fuse Member

I have yet to finish the sc2 LOTV story line, I like playing single player but it isn't me and usually I would have it done in the first week or so but I never been compelled to jam it all out. I have finished prologue and on the third planet in the main story, prob about half way through the entire story. I love the cut scenes, pretty much what we get to look forward to in the Warcraft movie.

never played FO4 never played any of the fallout but I hear nothing but good things and people enjoying themselves which is awesome.

and as for Battle front, I honestly can't see myself getting this game. It does look enjoyable though, I have watched streams just something I could never get myself into. I play too much CS:GO and I am currently trying to carry KZ to Global Elite