Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Fuse Member

A joke for Tina.

Once upon a time there was a land called Twibland. All the people who lived there looked like humans, talked like humans and smelled like humans but were not humans. They were Twibs. The only food Twibs could live off were Twib Berries, which only grew on the Twib bush on the top of a hill next to their village. The strongest Twibs were sent to pick the bush once a month so they could feed the village. And all was good.

One day several Twibs journeyed up the hill to pick some Twib berries when a giant monster appeared and kicked them all the way down the hill. The Twibs were shocked; they had never seen a monster like this before. Three times more they tried to journey up the hill, but each time the monster kicked them down.

After a week of attempting to climb the hill and being kicked down, the Twibs were in a panic. They only had one week's supply left of Twib berries. As they were arguing in the tower square, a wandering rabbi walked in. He looked around at the distress and asked "What is all this sadness I see?" The Twibs told him of their plight. After carefully considering the situation the rabbi declared "I have an idea. We'll hold a Twib Olympics tomorrow to determine the very strongest Twib of you all, he will journey to the top of the mountain and defeat the monster." The next day the Twin Olympics were held. There was Twib throwing, Twib swimming, Twiball and many other sports. Finally a champion was heralded, and he headed to the top of the hill. Upon reaching the summit, the monster promptly appeared and kicked him down the hill.

The Twibs were shocked. "Rabbi!" they cried "You plan did not work!" The rabbi consulted his thoughts for a few moments, then declared "We shall hold a second twin Olympics. THis shall determine a second strongest Twib. With the first champion and the new one, they shall defeat the monster". The next day the second Twib Olympics were held. There was more Twib thr
owing, Twib swimming and Twiball. Finally, a second champion was thrones. The two strongest Twibs walked up the hill. Once they reached the top, the monster promptly appeared and kicked them both down.

The Twibs were desperate now. They pleased with the Rabbi to think of another plan. The Rabbi thought for a few more moments and said "I know. We shall ALL go to the top of the hill and confront this monster. There is no way he can kick us all off the hill." With that, the Rabbi and every single Twib went to the top of the mountain. This took quite some time as the old and infirm and even very baby Twibs came along. Once they all reached the top of the hill the monster appeared and kicked every single Twib off the hill.
The rabbi alone stood with the monster at the top of the hill. He said "Monster, why have you not kicked me off this hill along with all the Twibs?"
The monster looked at the rabbi and declared,
"Silly Rabbi, kicks are for Twibs."

Last edited by Quintilian; 07-05-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Fuse Member

Oh my God this is lame LOL
Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Rhun Send a message via MSN to Rhun
i want my 3 minutes back