Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-02-2013, 06:28 AM
Guild Leader

Carl should have died when he got shot.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
yeah, definitely won't miss andrea. Sad to see Merl go too. Sucks that they did a full circle with that character in one episode, only to lose him. Kind of surprised the Governor made it through the season. Kind of figured he would be a "seasonal" villain. Overall it wasn't a bad episode, just for a season finale it left me a little bit wanting. Glad he won't be seeing Lori anymore.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Fuse Member

I actually forgot all about Walking Dead on Sunday since Game of Thrones also premiered that night. Watched the finale last night. Wasn't a bad episode. I wish they wrapped up the Governor's character though. I'm really not interested in seeing him again.

I actually like what they're doing to Carl. He's still an annoying little shit, but the character development is interesting and poignant. Now that Rick is regaining his sense of humanity, Carl, who has seen the damage caused by being too hopeful and trusting is now headed down a dark path during his very impressionable years. There's potential for some good drama there.

Andrea was a moron at times, but she never bothered me too much. I'm a little surprised they killed her off. I knew they'd kill Merl off though. There was no way he could coexist peacefully after what he did to Michone, Glenn, and Maggy. So knowing he'd have to die, I actually like the way the writers did it. As much as a I hated the Governor, his method of killing someone and having them turn into a zombie to terrorize their friends was a great idea.

I think Walking Dead should take a page out of GoT's book and reduce the season to 10 episodes. This last season would've been much more successful without the dragged out storylines.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 AM
GoL Member

I was surprised by Andrea going out like that, since she is such a main character in the comics, but i guess by now i should know that the comics really don't hold sway over the show.

I can agree on the character development of Carl, i mean him shooting his mom after watching someone open her up to deliver a baby would probably f-up anyone. I just think it is the actor that plays him i don't like or something.

I did like that the they took in the refugees and thus Rick's redemption of his humanity. Hopefully he can stop flipping out and going crazy like.

Had to figure Merle was never long for that world, and the zombie terror approach from the governor is cool. I will say they probably need more character development on his (governor's) lieutenants as to just stand by and let him massacre all those people without any retaliation. Them just falling in line seemed off.

Alliance --
Balrin|Brondor|Gronthor|Ironshot|