Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Fuse Member

Final Fantasy Record Keeper

Anyone playing this for iOS/Android? It's actually pretty cool. Plays like a cross between PAD and Hello Heroes. Features the 16-bit graphical style of the FF6 days. Worth checking out if you like FF/PAD/HH.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Fuse Member

Just started playing this Asano. Any tips or what characters do you think are really good? I'm gonna do my best to stay free....lol.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Fuse Member

Physical DPS seems to be better than black magic early on, unless the mob is vulnerable to a particular type of magic -- which is frequent for bosses. Otherwise they're all pretty even in terms of strength as far as I can tell (~lv28). There's an "official" guide which shows the base stats for each character at level 50:

https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home

My go-to party early on was Cloud, Kain, Tidus, Wakka, and Rydia. Nobody had any abilities except Rydia who used Cure and either Thunder/Fire/Blizzard.

Your gear makes the biggest difference in terms of character strength. Each rank (1-star vs 2-star, etc) of weapon is drastically better than the one before, especially when you get to the 3-, 4-, and 5-star weapons. And perhaps most importantly is matching up your gear and characters with the realm you're fighting. For example, Cloud (FFVII) with a 2-star weapon will do more damage than Tidus (FFX) with a 3-star weapon in the FFVII realm.

Getting all the characters (clear normal mode of all realms) is relatively quick and easy. The expert realms are where you'll start getting the better gear/orbs.

You just missed the special event for Tifa and Sephiroth, but you can still get DK Cecil and Paladin Cecil until Apr 16. DK Cecil is pretty easy to get (it's like the 6th level in) -- Paladin Cecil was tough, but doable around level 25.

The game just recently came out, so content is sorta limited right now. Apparently they've been releasing special events each week though. Not sure how often they plan on adding realms/missions. I've only been playing a few days myself. Just starting the expert realms and leveling up my second batch of characters.

Staying free shouldn't be too hard. Just like PAD, everything is accessible as free, it's just slower. Although we all know how disciplined we were with PAD. =P

Last edited by Gogan; 04-12-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:00 PM
GoL Member

I have been playing this for a few weeks. Not bad. I have been playing Brave Frontier for a year which this games is sort of a knock off of. I like both but the FF graphics are a little dated. BF graphics are nicer.

I am ashamed to say i have dropped a few dollars on Brave Frontier.

Alliance --
Balrin|Brondor|Gronthor|Ironshot|
Old 04-12-2015, 11:20 PM
Fuse Member

I think the graphics in FF are perfect. It's supposed to mimic those of the FF4-6 era and they nailed it. I think half the appeal of FFRK is the FF characters/setting. If that doesn't do much for you, then it probably won't be that compelling. It's only been out since Mar 26, so there's not tons of content yet like PAD or probably BF.

I downloaded Brave Frontier. Will check that out too. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:48 AM
GoL Member

If you end up liking Brave Frontier let me know i can send you my ID as an invite and get you a free level guy.

Plus i know way too much about it and can help you through!

Alliance --
Balrin|Brondor|Gronthor|Ironshot|
Old 04-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Fuse Member

Does honing abilities do anything for their damage? Or is it purely to have more charges on it?

Should I bother honing abilities at all in the lower levels?

Should I be even creating the low level abilities? Or just grab the ones needed to master levels that require specific spells?

Should I be upgrading equipment at all? Or only 5 stars?

Should I use my mithril on single draws or save up for the 11 draw?
Old 04-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucholza View Post
Does honing abilities do anything for their damage? Or is it purely to have more charges on it?
I think it's just additional charges.

Quote:
Should I bother honing abilities at all in the lower levels?
I honed Cure/Cura and Thunder/Fire. Haven't felt much need beyond that.

Quote:
Should I be even creating the low level abilities? Or just grab the ones needed to master levels that require specific spells?
I haven't created many abilities. Definitely get fire and thunder for mastering levels. A couple bosses need sleep and blind as well. Other than that I haven't found the need for anything else at lower levels.

Quote:
Should I be upgrading equipment at all? Or only 5 stars?
I upgraded lower level stuff since I was running out of inventory space anyway. The increased stats help. It'll take some time before you're getting 4-5 star gear anyway if you stay free.

Quote:
Should I use my mithril on single draws or save up for the 11 draw?
Saving up for the 11 draw is probably the way go.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Fuse Member

New event came out today. You can now collect Aeris. Pretty easy one.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Fuse Member

Been playing Brave Frontier a bit, Gron. It's pretty cool, but basically it's PAD with a storyline and minus the orb matching. Even the artwork is awkwardly similar (Mossy vs Woodsie). Apparently PAD has inspired a lot of clones and similar games over the years. Considering how addicted some of us were to PAD, I can see why you like BF.