Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Fuse Member

Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

From some of the people that worked on final fantasy 12 / vagrant story / tactics orge / FF tactics.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-the-guardians

Last edited by Yooxra; 01-14-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Fuse Member

Would like to see this happen. Big fan of Tactics orge / FF tactics. Sadly, this has slowed a lot last few days.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Fuse Member

Tactics games were some of my all-time favorite too. Would love to see a modern day version. Unsung Story isn't selling itself very well though. Their kickstarter page is devoid of game concept art / screenshots, no talk of gameplay mechanics, and really lame stretch goals. New Game+ would be a cool feature, but it's stuck between a dozen other goals that add absolutely nothing to the game itself.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Tactics games were some of my all-time favorite too. Would love to see a modern day version. Unsung Story isn't selling itself very well though. Their kickstarter page is devoid of game concept art / screenshots, no talk of gameplay mechanics, and really lame stretch goals. New Game+ would be a cool feature, but it's stuck between a dozen other goals that add absolutely nothing to the game itself.
I agree. Also noticed this with lots of kickstarters lately. The stretch goals just seem to suck mostly. The first 2 goals are nice cause they add more talent to the project and as a bonus they get it out on Vita. PS4, 3DS as the next two only help bring the game to a bigger audience which helps them get the game to more people but it doesn't help the game at all. New game+ should be after the vita and/or add a new console with it. Goals like that would be a lot nicer for a kickstarter imo. Live concert seems like a big waste of money.

Old 01-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Fuse Member

IMO, stretch goals to bring on an additional team member or two are meaningless to me. Either they can put together the right team to bring this game to market or they can't. If they don't reach those stretch goals, does that mean the music and translations are going to suck? If that's the case, then just put those guys on the team and bump up your original goal amount. Making them stretch goals just seems like bad marketing.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
IMO, stretch goals to bring on an additional team member or two are meaningless to me. Either they can put together the right team to bring this game to market or they can't. If they don't reach those stretch goals, does that mean the music and translations are going to suck? If that's the case, then just put those guys on the team and bump up your original goal amount. Making them stretch goals just seems like bad marketing.
Oh I agree. Honestly I dislike stretch goals at all. I don't think any kickstarter should add any kind of stretch goal or even think about it till after the first goal is met. Then if people are still interested add more stuff. Just seems like they are trying to get that extra money way before they make their goal.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Fuse Member

Bravely Default artist joins Final Fantasy Tactics creator’s upcoming game Unsung Story, Akihiko Yoshida worked on the characters for Bravely Default as well as Final Fantasy Tactics and FFXII.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bra.../1100-6417421/

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/29/lo...nsung-story-t/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s/posts/732084

Old 02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Fuse Member

Looks like this one is speeding up quite a bit now that it's getting close to the end.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:42 PM

Yea, been following quite a bit. Opening up to Paypal to finish whatever funding they don't meet. Looks like a definite go for PC at the very least. Pledge up!!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrupp View Post
Yea, been following quite a bit. Opening up to Paypal to finish whatever funding they don't meet. Looks like a definite go for PC at the very least. Pledge up!!
Yeah hard not to pledge something to this. FF tactics and Tactics orge are some of my favorite games made.