Fuse Member

Lost S5 E7 "The life and death of jeremy bentham"

Watching now!

Old 02-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Fuse Member

where can I watch it at?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Fuse Member

First reaction, another plane wreck! So the plane wreck is actually there! Good start with Locke and Whitmoore talking, war huh? WW3 maybe? All i can say is fucking Ben.....

Good ending. Can't wait to see next!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Fuse Member

http://abc.go.com/

Free episodes

Old 02-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Fuse Member

Great episode. Really started out with a bang. Notes...

1) what's the deal with Ben killing Locke AFTER saving him from killing himself? Seems either knowing Jin was still alive, or Locke's knowledge of Hawking was too big a threat to Ben. But why?

2) seems like "the six" were transported to a different time period than the rest of new crash's survivors, including Locke and Ben, which is interesting. I can see why Ben would get left behind, but why Locke? He was supposed to take Christian's spot from the original crash, so why wouldn't he show up with Jack, Kate, et al?

3) Widmore's body guard that was "protecting" Locke -- I was originally thinking he was "Fate". He kept saying how he guides people to where they're supposed to go. In fact he straight up questioned Locke about the concept of fate. Was pretty cool when he asked Locke whether his death would really be a choice, or whether it was inevitable. John dimisses the idea that he's "choose" to die, only to later decide to kill himself. Very cool. But then "Fate" got shot, so I don't know what to think now.

4) I'm reminded of the S3(?) finale when we see the first flash forward to Jack talking with Kate outside the airport, saying how the last few years he's been taking flights all over the world trying to get back to the island. He's begging Kate to help him go back to the island. This was all right after we see him reading the newspaper article about Locke's death.

SO... I guess all of last night's activities took place well before that night? But according to last night, Jack didn't want to go back to the island until AFTER talking to Locke in the hospital. Seems to be some discrepancies in the timeline, or do I have things mixed up?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Fuse Member

Yeah what i'm wondering is a few things...

Locke didn't get to sacrifice himself so does that count? I guess it did. Ben kills him after knowing to much. Ben makes it seem like he is trying to help him but he still wants to control the island. Whitmoore seems to be playing the same game most likely? Making Locke think he is trying to help him but he really wants control of the island himself?

What Asano said pretty much with the guy we thought might of been fate or something else, just a cool story. Maybe they will do something more with this?

What was interesting was Locke going to see Walt. On the other hand it was kinda sad how all of them kinda turned him down flat and still won't believe! But then Ben convinced him Jack believed and it gave Locke hope, enough to not kill himself. But then of course gd Ben away, murders him. Lol?

Yeah so what's the deal with Locke coming back from the dead. I guess we can see why, cause he is special. But with the plane crash like Asano says we can clearly see that the 6 were flashed to another time period. Why wasn't Locke with them?

So... Locke doesn't know everything yet. How will they stop the flashs? What's this war that is coming soon? Thought they just had a war with the rambos! They claim "all" had to go back, but not the kids? Don't get that part. Locke says Walt has been through enough. Omg that explains it! So another plane wreck and group of people to deal with.

There are some other things i left out that i wanted to point out but i just woke up, i'll try to think of them later. I don't think your timeline is mixed up at all Asano.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Fuse Member

Yes, Walt! He was a huge part of the story in the early seasons, and it seemed like he was "special" in a way that they never quite explained. The "others" even said so when they kidnapped him. I hate that they just dropped the whole Walt story. I don't expect the writers to ever really return to that storyline, but I hope they do.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
well, i am watching it now on DVR and I just realized something. So, Locke dies, and when he come back to the island he is alive again. So, this is exactly what happened with Jack's dad?? The whole thing was to get him back onto the island just like Locke? Maybe he isn't a ghost or vision at all?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Fuse Member

Man...so many things.

dont have time to write them before class but expect a wall of text soon.

Unfortunately I already had this exact picture tattooed on my chest, but this shirt is very useful in colder weather.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rursusferre View Post
well, i am watching it now on DVR and I just realized something. So, Locke dies, and when he come back to the island he is alive again. So, this is exactly what happened with Jack's dad?? The whole thing was to get him back onto the island just like Locke? Maybe he isn't a ghost or vision at all?
Good question, makes you wonder if Claire is a ghost. The whole can't have kids thing or you die. But if you fuck on the island but leave you can without dying. But Claire had the kid and didn't die but ran into the jungle and died or did she? Man i'm confusing myself again damn.