Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 11-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post
It's why I didn't jew the game. I didn't want to kill the fun. So I decided against oping my toon.
I knew full well that doing it would ruin the rest of the game for me. But I couldn't resist once I found out about it. I couldn't keep playing knowing I was intentionally gimping myself along the way. It's not like entering some cheat code to enable god mode (though the result was roughly the same). There are items in the game that simply let you craft incredibly powerful weapons. Apparently the same was true in Oblivion and Morrowind (e.g. max camouflage, creating your own spells, etc). It's just part of the game.

As is most often the case, ignorance is bliss.

At least now I can focus on SWtoR. =P
Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
I knew full well that doing it would ruin the rest of the game for me. But I couldn't resist once I found out about it. I couldn't keep playing knowing I was intentionally gimping myself along the way. It's not like entering some cheat code to enable god mode (though the result was roughly the same). There are items in the game that simply let you craft incredibly powerful weapons. Apparently the same was true in Oblivion and Morrowind (e.g. max camouflage, creating your own spells, etc). It's just part of the game.

As is most often the case, ignorance is bliss.

At least now I can focus on SWtoR. =P
There is a cheat to get every perk level 1 which I also chosen not to use!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Fuse Member

As soon as I accidentally hit my tilde (~) key for the first time and saw the console pop up, I knew there were cheat codes/commands. That's definitely a line I'm usually pretty good at not crossing.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Got my enchanting and alchemy maxed. Made my +alchemy set of armor, then +120% blacksmithing pots. Ultimately crafted my Daedric bow, improved it, and combined with my set of +46% bow dmg armor, had my base damage over 500. I was one-shotting regular dragons.

Unsurprisingly, the game kind of lost its appeal after that. Thanks Neleus. =P

How did you get your enchanting and Alchemy leved to 100? Any trick ?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Fuse Member

Alchemy is an awful grind. I got in the habit very early on to collect every herb I came across, and always looted/stole ingredients whenever I saw them. I'd also buy ingredients from vendors since money is kind of irrelevant in the game. Then I always tried to make sure whatever I crafted would yield the biggest skill increases. It sucked though, no way around it.

Enchanting wasn't quite as bad. The only weap enchant I ever used was Animus to fill empty soul gems, so I was rarely actually using the gems for anything. DE'd everything I could. Bought all the petty and lesser soul gems from vendors since they were super cheap. Then I'd just enchant all the iron daggers and leather bracers I made from skilling up smithing (hundreds).

Being a thief and stealing everything in sight helped a lot, probably.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:44 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Alchemy is an awful grind. I got in the habit very early on to collect every herb I came across, and always looted/stole ingredients whenever I saw them. I'd also buy ingredients from vendors since money is kind of irrelevant in the game. Then I always tried to make sure whatever I crafted would yield the biggest skill increases. It sucked though, no way around it.

Enchanting wasn't quite as bad. The only weap enchant I ever used was Animus to fill empty soul gems, so I was rarely actually using the gems for anything. DE'd everything I could. Bought all the petty and lesser soul gems from vendors since they were super cheap. Then I'd just enchant all the iron daggers and leather bracers I made from skilling up smithing (hundreds).

Being a thief and stealing everything in sight helped a lot, probably.
I need to find a animus weapon. I am going around casting soul steal with my crappy magical pool. Such a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the Tips.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Fuse Member

Map

Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
GoL Member

I hear what you're saying Asano but any stealth / bow class in this game is broken at the moment. I leveled one to 30 and I was clearing dungeons on master difficulty without ever taking any damage. I read that melee provides more of a challenge so I'm trying that now. As far as the overpowered Alchemy / Enchanting / Smiting goes I read that the game more challenging if you just use one. Currently I am playing a Battlemage. Being able to summon 3 Daedra Lords, wear heavy armor, use duel wield or one-hand shield is nice when combined with the armor and resistance buffs from Alteration. For this character I only went with enchanting.

Last edited by Neleus; 11-29-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Fuse Member

Yeah, if I ever play the game again, my next character would be a conjurer. My original plan was to be a thief/archer that would summon in a pet for battles. But swapping between spells and the bow proved too slow. Besides, like you found out, most times you can 1-shot mobs w/ sneak attacks. I wanted to do more with daggers and backstabbing, but I think sneak attacks with bows do more damage. Though I hear there are handwraps from DB that increase the backstab multiplier by another 15x. 30x backstabs must be insane.

Choosing between Alchemy, Enchanting, and Smithing is a tough choice. Smithing is the easiest, but least useful of the three, I think. Especially if you play a magic user. Alchemy might be the most useful, but I don't know if I could ever level that up again. With max alchemy and enchanting (for 4pc +25% alchemy gear), I could make poison pots that added 180 damage, and paralyzation pots that lasted 30 seconds. But I guess enchanting and alchemy kind of depend on each other to be super useful. So choosing just one would keep things pretty balanced. That's a good call.

That's a great map Yoox, and a good indication of just how much content is in the game.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Yeah, if I ever play the game again, my next character would be a conjurer. My original plan was to be a thief/archer that would summon in a pet for battles. But swapping between spells and the bow proved too slow. Besides, like you found out, most times you can 1-shot mobs w/ sneak attacks. I wanted to do more with daggers and backstabbing, but I think sneak attacks with bows do more damage. Though I hear there are handwraps from DB that increase the backstab multiplier by another 15x. 30x backstabs must be insane.

Choosing between Alchemy, Enchanting, and Smithing is a tough choice. Smithing is the easiest, but least useful of the three, I think. Especially if you play a magic user. Alchemy might be the most useful, but I don't know if I could ever level that up again. With max alchemy and enchanting (for 4pc +25% alchemy gear), I could make poison pots that added 180 damage, and paralyzation pots that lasted 30 seconds. But I guess enchanting and alchemy kind of depend on each other to be super useful. So choosing just one would keep things pretty balanced. That's a good call.

That's a great map Yoox, and a good indication of just how much content is in the game.

Did you "beat" the game? Is there a final master dragon?