Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

A warlocks thank you

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...54437346&sid=1

Q u o t e:
Thank you for giving me the CC and dps to be the best 5man class. My groups appreciate it when I can CC up to 4 targets at once while keeping up the dps and still having AoE fear and deathcoil available in case of an emergency.

Thank you for allowing me to heal myself and my group with healthstones, and myself with drain life.

Thank you for giving me the best single target raid dps of any caster unbuffed and solo, and for making it increase much more by stacking so well with other godlocks and my personal debuffing class, the shadow priest.

Thank you for giving me the best AoE raid dps via Seed of Corruption, the game's best AoE by a long shot. Thank you for its utility (AoE gargoyles ^_^) and its range, which gives me a higher threat cap and allows me to avoid stuff that AoEs back when I'm AoEing. And thank you for putting another personal servant class in the game to set it off for me, the mage.

Thank you for giving me raid-wide debuffs, making me wanted for more in-combat than just my godly dps.

Thank you for the health-only mana mechanic, meaning I never have to choose between health or mana in using my item and potion cooldowns.

Thank you for giving me a spell which is a mana potion without a cooldown. I laugh out loud whenever I see dps wanding or hear mages complaining about dropping 75+ gold on potions for a night in Hyjal.

Thank you for giving me high base health, important in PvP and most recent / high-end PvE encounters as well. I love that lesser dps classes have to wear PvP gear to survive PvE encounters, thus lowering their dps even more. Not letting them wear the gear they worked so hard for, because they need stamina instead, is a fantastic way of twisting the knife. Thanks, my sadistic homies =)

Thank you for giving me the tools to be so powerful at PvP that I can even kill my counter-class, the rogue, even when they get the jump on me with all cooldowns up. Saying I wear cloth is like saying female bodybuilders are women.

Thank you for giving me a counter to everything in PvP, it’s nice having no “scissors” to my “paper”.

Thank you for giving me fear. It's incredibly satisfying to kill people while chainfearing them because there isn't a thing they can do about it.

However, thank you for giving me uninterrupted drain life for those pesky warriors and BM hunters who can’t be feared, it’s nice to kill them easily despite the fact.

Thank you for giving me two sets of PvP gear so that I may choose to have an extra 35 resilience over a set bonus I might not like. Options are always nice.

Thank you, Blizzard. I don't know your reasons, my best guess is that your children, wives and girlfriends play warlocks. But I do appreciate it. It’s nice being God.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Fuse Member

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ mages
Old 04-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurila View Post
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ mages
5% vs 276% lolwut? 2200's
Old 04-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Fuse Member

Whoever wrote that post doesn't even play a lock, and I see plenty of Mages in the 2200s. Instead of whining just go play a lock you'll find out pretty quick that post is about 98% bullshit. And hey look a Mage that wrote it, good times! Why are mages so whiney, I must know.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurila View Post
Whoever wrote that post doesn't even play a lock, and I see plenty of Mages in the 2200s. Instead of whining just go play a lock you'll find out pretty quick that post is about 98% bullshit. And hey look a Mage that wrote it, good times! Why are mages so whiney, I must know.

alot of mages in the 2200's? when
Old 04-08-2008, 03:37 AM

Very over exaggerated post about warlocks. We have more synergy in raids and are more versatile in pvp than should be expected ,but damn, we are far from being gods. Key word synergy. Team player yup. Could'nt do it without that other person helping. He should have just started a thread , "I wish i would have rolled a warlock because it is easy." I also checked his guild and the locks in there are all affliction so he should be sitting comfortably on the damage meters. I would hate to see what he does when they figure out how to shadowbolt spam. Normally i could care less but that mages post on the forums seems to be filled by nerd rage.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:30 AM

yup hes a big QQ. SKill > class. But rly fuck deathcoil...
Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
alot of mages in the 2200's? when
Guess you've never checked the leader boards. Try the armory sometime.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 AM

I coulda swore mages are at 5% 2200's of what they wanted the class to be and warlocks are over 270%, so basic math shows you guys have it easy.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Fuse Member

Like I said check the leader boards sometime, top 20 in every bracket has a few warlocks and a few mages, and almost no warlocks in 5v5. If you wanna bitch and moan (and its obvious you do) then complain about the warriors druids and rogues that's who seems to rule the leaderboards. I think you have the present confused with Season 1. And lets face it

Quote:
Thank you for giving me the tools to be so powerful at PvP that I can even kill my counter-class, the rogue, even when they get the jump on me with all cooldowns up.
That rogue was AFK, warlocks get facefucked by rogues (and warriors, enhancement shaman, and feral druids for that matter) theres just about nothing you can do with one on you.