Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2007, 07:52 AM

on a side note: my apologies to Ciderhelm for semi-hijacking this thread.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurila View Post
I am fueled by pure rage as is Fevor, and Yoox.
should of played a warrior! lol
Old 05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Eventide Emeritus

This thread is already contorted enough.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Mr....Helm

Well I'm glad to see you're ok with the contortion, because I'm back for another off topic question!

First, thank you for answering my previous questions. And the new question is, is there truly a 75% mitigation cap from armor?

And if so, is that also affected by the 10% damage reduction from D stance?

The reason I ask, is that raid buffed, I hit about 60% damage reduction from armor. Throw in that extra 10% and that puts me at 70% reduction. Am I really only 5% from the cap?

PS: Auto-Blocker is getting BUFFED next patch! 59 block value.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Eventide Emeritus

Those reductions occur at different times (the Defensive Stance and Armor).

Defensive Stance reduction is handled before everything else, a straight 10% off the incoming damage. Armor is calculated after it. More importantly, Shield Block is calculated after it (and Armor) so you always get the full effect from a block and blocks become pretty overpowered in some places.

There IS a hard cap of 75% mitigation from Armor. It will be a very, very long time before anyone reaches it. The only times I reached it were a handful of times in Naxxramas with every possible buff (Loatheb, for instance) and Lay On Hands, etc. procs. That kind of mitigation makes you essentially unkillable., because you then factor in your avoidance/block/defensive stance/etc., and suddenly mobs that would destroy most people can barely scratch you if you have good healers.

The Auto Blocker... a total of 59 additional block value? or the On Equip bonus was raised to meet that? Either way, very good!
Old 05-05-2007, 03:40 PM

Thanks

Ahhh ok, gives me some things to think about. Looks like with my AC the defensive stance adds an additional 4% mitigation. Putting me around 64%. I still have a lonnnng ways to go. Thanks again Cider.

And god I wish an addition 59 BV on the trinker, but sadly, they are just raising it to 59 BV total. Along with loads of other buffs to lvl 70 epic gear.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:55 AM

hmm... Well it's still something :-) Every single value gives something in the end.

Btw Cider. Honestly, do you think you will keep being able to use Autoblock and the Glyph at the same time to make them stack? I mean it's quite alot of block you stack there. All casters got nerfed on this princip long time ago, when they had the imba use trinket from MC and the one from Hakkar in ZG.

Just curious :-)

Also the new movie is soon done mate. But I will link it here as promised :-)
Old 05-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Eventide Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilleuz View Post
hmm... Well it's still something :-) Every single value gives something in the end.

Btw Cider. Honestly, do you think you will keep being able to use Autoblock and the Glyph at the same time to make them stack? I mean it's quite alot of block you stack there. All casters got nerfed on this princip long time ago, when they had the imba use trinket from MC and the one from Hakkar in ZG.

Just curious :-)

Also the new movie is soon done mate. But I will link it here as promised :-)
I think Blizzard tends to nerf things that are popular and tends to leave other things alone. Since not alot of people take Prot too seriously in PVP, Blizzard doesn't need to go nerfing Prot.

I was very, very surprised that they stacked, though. I bought the Azure Shield of Coldarra with my badges before the Auto Blocker... I was kind of hoping someone else would get the Auto Blocker before me and test if they stacked. Alas, no, I am pretty sure I was the first person to actually take the risk.

But defensive trinkets are supposed to be stackable. They may be nerfed, I wouldn't be surprised, but there was at least logical reasoning.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
I think Blizzard tends to nerf things that are popular and tends to leave other things alone. Since not alot of people take Prot too seriously in PVP, Blizzard doesn't need to go nerfing Prot.

I was very, very surprised that they stacked, though. I bought the Azure Shield of Coldarra with my badges before the Auto Blocker... I was kind of hoping someone else would get the Auto Blocker before me and test if they stacked. Alas, no, I am pretty sure I was the first person to actually take the risk.

But defensive trinkets are supposed to be stackable. They may be nerfed, I wouldn't be surprised, but there was at least logical reasoning.
im telling blizzard on you
Old 05-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to arcadiandisk Send a message via AIM to arcadiandisk Send a message via MSN to arcadiandisk Send a message via Yahoo to arcadiandisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by smell View Post
LOL comedy Daniel...simple as that.
Thank you sir, I try.