Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 08-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Fuse Member

I like it a lot more then d3.

When I joined this game is was better then d3 in its current state and this was a year ago.

The skill tree is amazing, a lot of variations (sockets skills combinations) etc etc.

In this game you are pretty much allowed to do what you want, the only certain thing in game now is (where you start in the skill tree based on which class you pick). Other then that it is all user choice, be a Marauder(warrior class) spell caster(gimp yourself) if you want.

Also one major thing is the amount of participation the Developers put into the game and interact with their gaming community. ( the video yoox posted is the "top dog" "CEO" playing the game owning people )

They vigorously answer questions(daily) and fine tune the game if the community has a great suggestion (via more maps larger acts skills etc etc)

Gameplay is much like any other gear grinding game, hack slash loot. Monsters that move slower (hit harder), Bosses abilities normally 1 shot you, and generally it is a more difficult game then that of D3.

If you play Hardcore, when and if you die, it goes to (softcore) it does not become unplayable etc etc you just get put into the softcore league. With that said you have a separate (STASH) for each league the only this that you would lose is that on your character.

Items and variety, every item in game has "sockets" these sockets come with a colour and these provide you skills, the gems (ARE) the skills you use, there are also support gems in which if you get 2 sockets linked (RED RED)you can put a **SWIPE gem in there and have a red support gem** in the linked socket to give your swipe an added*what ever you choose be it added radius*

umm other then that its pretty much a try it game, it is great and anyone who has played it probably agrees with me in that, when this game goes to live* it will be ready to be played (beta for over almost 2 years in which the game pretty much tripled in size)

ohh ya

POTIONS - they come with affixs, (DISPELS FROZEN or MOVE SPEED while regening) etc etc there are tons, and they "refill" every like 5 monster hits, so say if you totally have an empty pot. You can find a huge pack hit everyone once with that trusty swipe again and have the pot regen 1/4. so you never "lose" your pots and you never have to buy new ones go to town and they become full again or continuously kill shit and your potions will regen.

Last edited by Fusa; 08-13-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Officer

yup I've talked to Chris in game and on the forums via pm's and i was shocked when i got responses from the dev's. I agree with fusa that the uniqueness of this game with the massive passive stree and the skills that link is just awesome, it has a great gambling system to keep people wanting to try for more. it just has a lot more options and variety than d3 does for sure.

Last edited by Kz; 08-13-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Fuse Member

Good review Fusa. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:54 AM
God

also there is no gold.
everything is done with a barter system
the items used to trade are the "gamble items" kz was talking about
(think SoJ in D2)

Currency items aka Gamble items examples:
Orb of Alchemy Upgrades a normal item to a rare item. Right click this item then left click a normal item to apply it.

Orb of Alteration Reforges a magic item with new random properties. Right click this item then left click a magic item to apply it.

Orb of Fusing Reforges the links between sockets on an item. Right click this item then left click a socketed item to apply it.

Orb of Regret Grants a passive skill refund point. Right click on this item to use it.

Orb of Scouring Removes all properties from an item. Right click this item then left click on a magic, rare or unique item to apply it.

and the god mode currency

Mirror of Kalandra Creates a mirrored copy of an item. Right click this item then left click an equipable non-unique item to apply it. Mirrored copies cannot be modified.

Last edited by Blake; 08-13-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Fuse Member

The beta is a year old now. The game has been polished a whole lot since beta started. There will be 3 acts. Act 3 goes live with open beta which will be live. People expect 2 months or less till this goes live. The game will be F2P, the shop will only sell cosmetic things. I like this game for many reasons, one of the biggest reasons is being able to shut it down whenever I need to(no commitments). This will be my side game outside of raid games for quite a while i'm sure. This game is on top of my list of things to play.

As Fusa said the dev's talk to the players directly, they have put a great deal of effort into the game and the community. You get a really good feel for how hard they are trying to make this a great game.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Officer

i think there is still like exalted orb maybe blake to add another stat to a gold item.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Fuse Member

This was another cut-throat vid posted by another guy. He mashes up Kripp and Chris and other dev's really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YStdQnEXpEE

He has a name that Tina would love.

Cut-throat looks crazy fun. Reminds me of UO pvp fun. You kill some duckface and you get all their loot on them. WIN.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 PM

Nice, thanks for the reviews. Think I'll join the closed beta for the time being. Where can I find you all?
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrupp View Post
Nice, thanks for the reviews. Think I'll join the closed beta for the time being. Where can I find you all?
I think most people are waiting for it to go live now. I play on and off doing alittle testing with the new tree. Usually on hardcore, GoL_name is what you want to look for.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Officer

yea im waiting for live too many char resets for me now just dont feel like leveling up again, and yea i use GoL_KZ but i usually only log on to talk to yoox or fusa