Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 01-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Fuse Member

So how go things on the PvP server?

This past week was a productive one in PvE land. Our guild finally got enough people to run 8-man ops for the first time, and we managed to clear EV and Bonecrusher on normal (easy?) difficulty. The encounters were mostly unique and pretty enjoyable. Soa in EV seemed a bit buggy, but otherwise no major issues. I kinda wish there was more storytelling during the ops, like we see in questing/flashpoints though.

The first "boss" in EV took a few attempts before we figured out the deal with the turrets, and we spent a good dozen-plus attempts on Soa. And Soa was the only fight we actually looked up the strat. Bonecrusher was maybe the most fun as we were just thrown into that fight without a clue what was going on, so we basically just ran around like chickens with our heads cut off, but it was a one-shot. We'll probably take a look at hard mode at some point, but we're not in any rush.

We also did all the world bosses, including Belsavis for the magenta crystal recipe. And we did the Tattoine-Hoth-Ilum followup to actually get the magenta crystals. None of the world bosses were particularly difficult. Wish there were more level 50 bosses. Finally, we did the puzzle on the Fleet for the +10 stats datacron. That was crazy -- can't imagine how the first group ever discovered and figured that out.

I've actually been doing a bit of pvp too. Huttball is hell as a pug. But the others are fairly enjoyable. I really like the MVP and medals system -- even if healers get boned compared to dps. Healing for 500k in a match and getting no MVP love stings a little. And since half the medals are tied up in dps-related objectives, healers have to work twice as hard to gain valor. But all that aside, it's still fun.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:34 PM
The Real McCoy

I'm on Shadowtown

Slie
Old 01-09-2012, 06:31 PM
GoL Member

Slow going on ST, fusa and path are 45-ish, and Im at 24. I don't have as much time to play as Id like, but I'm having fun. Haven't seen any world pvp yet, although I heard some people talking about it in general on Tatooine last night.
Fusa and Path absolutely wreck huttball, and my scrub ass tags along.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
i'm on gingertown
ftfy
Old 01-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
So how go things on the PvP server?

This past week was a productive one in PvE land. Our guild finally got enough people to run 8-man ops for the first time, and we managed to clear EV and Bonecrusher on normal (easy?) difficulty. The encounters were mostly unique and pretty enjoyable. Soa in EV seemed a bit buggy, but otherwise no major issues. I kinda wish there was more storytelling during the ops, like we see in questing/flashpoints though.

The first "boss" in EV took a few attempts before we figured out the deal with the turrets, and we spent a good dozen-plus attempts on Soa. And Soa was the only fight we actually looked up the strat. Bonecrusher was maybe the most fun as we were just thrown into that fight without a clue what was going on, so we basically just ran around like chickens with our heads cut off, but it was a one-shot. We'll probably take a look at hard mode at some point, but we're not in any rush.

We also did all the world bosses, including Belsavis for the magenta crystal recipe. And we did the Tattoine-Hoth-Ilum followup to actually get the magenta crystals. None of the world bosses were particularly difficult. Wish there were more level 50 bosses. Finally, we did the puzzle on the Fleet for the +10 stats datacron. That was crazy -- can't imagine how the first group ever discovered and figured that out.

I've actually been doing a bit of pvp too. Huttball is hell as a pug. But the others are fairly enjoyable. I really like the MVP and medals system -- even if healers get boned compared to dps. Healing for 500k in a match and getting no MVP love stings a little. And since half the medals are tied up in dps-related objectives, healers have to work twice as hard to gain valor. But all that aside, it's still fun.
PvP server is fun, on most planets the republic and imperial level on such a vast different part of the map ( until the very end of tattoooonie ) and alderaan. so you don't see many republic which they probably enjoy cause I wreck them.

Ops are great fun but a thing to think about, "nightmare" mode is not that difficult, there are no new abilities just more health more dmg. Which isn't all that great but it is first tier of content hopefully they will start getting better at adding abilities to Nightmare mode rather then just more health/dmg.

Hehe =) first "boss" (the turrets) can be cc'd which makes them a joke. SoA was fun I got to her in the first week I raided never killed her (zone reset the next day and never raided again) P3 is the only strat phase. P2 the fact you just kill mind traps doesn't make it any harder.

P3 you only get a certain amount of dps time on him which is the strat part.

PvP is very enjoyable and I like it a lot, queue times are awesome and they generally try to keep the level of players facing each other to balance out. If you were with me asano ( im a powertech ) Id be guarding you, we would never die (ever) and we would decimate any pvp zone.

I am quickly becoming the #1 target on my server for huttball even if I'm no where near the ball because even if im queueing solo and get the ball powertech is very ez to score.

Myself and path(even if his little bro plays his char) are unstoppable we are probably something like 50-5.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
If you were with me asano ( im a powertech ) Id be guarding you, we would never die (ever) and we would decimate any pvp zone.
I have no doubt. As a trooper, I feel almost invincible against 2-3 people endlessly pounding away on me (more if they're stupid and not stunning/interrupting me). To make matters worse, I have Biochem with my Rakkata Medpac, Stim, and Adrenal. The medpac's instant heal for 6k+ and 2.5k hot on a 90s cd is crazy powerful.

I'm definitely understanding why you considered troopers OP. I love it. =P
Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Guild Leader

sly why are you playing star wars
Old 01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
The Real McCoy

cuz
Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 PM
GoL Member

Is everyone still on the servers mentioned on the first page? I ask because i think my server is dead, and am really looking to find a place i can solo and group without spamming for hours.

Alliance --
Balrin|Brondor|Gronthor|Ironshot|
Old 01-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Fuse Member

I think everyone is all over the place.