Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Fuse Member

BSG "The Final"

Excellent!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to Hondadude
Battle Scene was just flat out amazing. Sneek peek at the new SG series wasn't all that. Hoping Scifi channel comes out with new shows.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
that new star gate show will blow.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
i thought it was a good ending, but i am suprised at some of the directions they took. the God thing was more literal than i thought it was going to be.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Fuse Member

**** SPOILERS ****

Overall, fantastic end. The first hour with the assault on the colony was just incredible. The CG was jaw dropping. I was giddy watching the crew infiltrate the colony with the help of the centurians. I loved how they tied in the flashbacks with all the characters from the last couple episodes. It really added a lot to the character's stories. Really well done. All in all, I think the ending delivered on its expectations, and I was really happy with it.

A few minor grievances though...

I thought the opera scene thing was forced. Like they wrote the whole opera scene "vision" a few seasons ago without really knowing how it was going to play out. And they kind of shoe-horned tonight's interpretation into it. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't feel like something they had in mind all along.

I wasn't thrilled how they wrapped up Kara's story. I don't know what they could've done with it, but to have her just disappear? Eh... so I guess she was just an angel, or...? I was pretty disappointed they didn't better explain her situation. I feel like this was a huge loose end they never tied up.

Why was Herra the key to humankind's survival? I understand why it was the case for the cylons -- she was their means of reproduction. But why was she so critical for the humans? We're led to believe she was the fossilized remains they talked about in the National Geographic at the end of the show (how about Ron Moore playing the guy reading it! LOL!!!). But big deal? She wasn't at all influential on perpetuating the species, or leading them to Earth (nice touch having Adama rename the planet btw -- "Earth is just a dream... we've earned it..."). Herra's story wasn't very fulfilling to me.

I dunno, there might've been a few more, but those are the things I can think of right now. I need to watch it again. The things I loved about the episode far outweigh these negatives though.

I loved that they brought back the concept of "all of this has happened before, and it will all happen again (or can the cycle be broken?)". REALLY happy about that, since that was one of the most compelling concepts of the show.

Anyway, I could ramble on about it all night. GREAT finale!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Fuse Member

Oh yea, The Plan looks INCREDIBLE. Can't wait for that to hit.

I'm confused about Caprica though. That's the new series, right? So what exactly are they making available on DVD/download on April 21st? Is it some 2-3 hour intro episode, kinda like the "mini-series" kicked off BSG? Is it a series that's going straight to dvd? I'm not quite as excited about it after seeing the trailer for it tonight, but I'll still check it out.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:51 PM

Caprica's 2 hour uncut pilot is coming to DVD on April 21st, I'm assuming to try and drive up hype to retain viewers from BSG for the prequel.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:26 AM

Hey Ason you hit the nail on the head with your post, you know the last seven days i have been telling myself that it was gona be awesome, and that i was gona love it, i even played the BSG soundtrack at work today in preparation, but something in the back of my mind was telling me it was gona dissappoint, even though i was convinced it was gona be good or at least trying to convince myself.

Then Bam the day came, i was blown away. Watching the assualt was nothing short of EPIC EPIC EPIC. And yes the effects where amazing i was like daaaang, they really went all out here. Now for the opera thingy, it was soooo good how it worked out, infact it was sooooo good that it did feel like it got thrown in there, but for me it worked, and it worked really well, and fit into the whole God thing they have been playing with the entire show.

I dont think i know how to quite explain it, but the show was filtered with prophecy, visions, miracles. In the CIC gias kinda gives a speech about that, which is ironic as he was a man of science. He never claims to believe but says that something out there brought them where they are. This is also further carried on when they land on earth, as they talk about chance. Well at the end of the day i summed it up as you can believe whatever, but at the end of the day there is something greater out there ochastrating it. now for the question

Quote:
Why was Herra the key to humankind's survival? I understand why it was the case for the cylons -- she was their means of reproduction. But why was she so critical for the humans? She wasn't at all influential on perpetuating the species, or leading them to Earth
Herra wrote the song with the cords to earth, closest answer i could find, and lol about Ron i was like WTF thats him reading the article.

well now that i have responded to this, i can finally say the best part was seeing earth for the first time and seeing, YA THATS RIGHT

FRAKKEN AFRICA IN THE CENTER

It was at that moment i was sold.

Seriously though that was the best ending to a show i have seen, so good, so good.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:41 AM

**spoilers**

Old 03-21-2009, 04:57 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unethical View Post
**spoilers**

I love this. I think i can sit here and pick it apart, but i'd rather not. I think the entire show and the finale were both excellent. Today is a sad day knowing it's over but it was well worth it. All good things come to an end.