Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Fuse Member

How Lost TRICKED YOU into liking the finale

I don't agree with everything there, but if you're feeling particularly cynical this morning about the finale, you might find some solace there by commiserating with like-minded cynics.

After sleeping on it, I still love the finale. Maybe we were "tricked" a bit, or betrayed with the lack of answers to the mythological stuff, but I'm willing to overlook a lot of that stuff at this point. We do need to start an "Unanswered Lost Questions" thread though...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
How Lost TRICKED YOU into liking the finale

I don't agree with everything there, but if you're feeling particularly cynical this morning about the finale, you might find some solace there by commiserating with like-minded cynics.

After sleeping on it, I still love the finale. Maybe we were "tricked" a bit, or betrayed with the lack of answers to the mythological stuff, but I'm willing to overlook a lot of that stuff at this point. We do need to start an "Unanswered Lost Questions" thread though...
I'm not really. When you think about it there are many rumors about how nothing was super natural and other things to throw people off track. You can see where they were going with the show from early on, but it was hard to believe in what you thought was true cause you would hear things like no this is 100% wrong like the super natural thing.

We knew that Jacob and Smokey were not human after a period of time, sorta since we knew about the bones in the cave from early on. We were forced to believe something else from being thrown off.

I think it's open for discussion, and in the end what we come up with will be very close. I like what they did. I'd love some explanation to the early stuff that wasn't on the show, the stuff prior to Dharma time period, I think we'd all love that. But that wasn't part of the story for the Jack crew I guess you can say.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Fuse Member

Anyone who enjoyed Lost and hasn't tried it already should give "Fringe" a chance. It started as sort of a spiritual successor to the X-Files but has really moved into excellent territory. It bears some hallmarks of the most recent Star Trek movie, but I wouldn't really call that a detriment.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintilian View Post
Anyone who enjoyed Lost and hasn't tried it already should give "Fringe" a chance. It started as sort of a spiritual successor to the X-Files but has really moved into excellent territory. It bears some hallmarks of the most recent Star Trek movie, but I wouldn't really call that a detriment.
I missed S1, but i watched S2/S3. I like the story with them in the other universe, specially with how the father from one universe stole Peter from the other universe. The observers are kinda cool too. It can get alittle boring inbetween sometimes with them solving random cases, otherwise it's a decent show.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
I wasn't unsatisfied with the ending. It was an ending, we know what happens to the characters, there is room for people to fill in how the characters live the rest of their lives, blah blah blah. I think in that respect it was more than fine. I guess its just the last 2 years i kept reading "Everything will be explained" "no questions will be unawnsered" and stuff like that. So I guess I was just waiting for that stuff, and never got it. The "gods" thing is a cop out, in my opinion.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rursusferre View Post
I wasn't unsatisfied with the ending. It was an ending, we know what happens to the characters, there is room for people to fill in how the characters live the rest of their lives, blah blah blah. I think in that respect it was more than fine. I guess its just the last 2 years i kept reading "Everything will be explained" "no questions will be unawnsered" and stuff like that. So I guess I was just waiting for that stuff, and never got it. The "gods" thing is a cop out, in my opinion.
Yeah I agree about the questions, but the samething with BSG they aren't gonna tell you everything little thing in detail. The reason why this would be alittle more frustrating is cause the writers were kinda telling us one thing then doing another. So you expect this, but got that instead. That part about lost I hated, but overtime dealt with. Also when i would assume or bring stuff up i'd have people tell me stuff like, but the writers said no. Then it came true, that was annoying.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Infidel

Stephen Hawking made a cool documentary with Discovery. The music was awesome. You should check it out.

INTO THE UNIVERSE WITH STEPHEN MOFUCKING HAWKING
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
I guess its just the last 2 years i kept reading "Everything will be explained" "no questions will be unawnsered" and stuff like that. So I guess I was just waiting for that stuff, and never got it.
I dunno where you heard that. In fact, the writers have been saying the exact opposite all season. They flat out said they wouldn't explain every question and several things would remain unanswered and open to interpretation.

I thought they did a good job of managing those expectations this year, but I could understand why you'd be frustrated from the misinformation.

Last edited by Gogan; 05-24-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
I just want to know four things.

What is the island?

Why was Walt special?

Was Jack hallucinating when he saw his father when he was back in Los Angeles? (because it was smokey on the island, was it Jacob off the island?)

Why aren't babies able to be born (with the two exceptions of course)?

If I got the answers to those four things I would be completely content.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 PM
The Real McCoy

I'm just going on record as saying i thought the ending was a cheesy cop-out