Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 11-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Fuse Member

4 hours to go!

BioWare's "Wonderful World" Launch Trailer:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wat.../1100-6423650/
Old 11-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Fuse Member

About an hour and half in, and I just finished the intro. I had to explore every nook and cranny. This is gonna be a long game.

Combat is a little tough to control. DA2 was easier to pickup. Wish the tactical view had better camera controls (i.e. zoom farther out). Also wish there were tooltip descriptions when hovering over hotbar abilities. I can already tell there's going to be an obscene amount of NPCs. Going to be harder than Game of Thrones to keep track of all the little plots.

Graphics are incredible though. Really really stunning. You know they're good when the cutscenes use the same in-game graphics and flow seamlessly from gameplay.

Running on mostly high settings, 1920x1200 and it runs pretty well. A little bit jittery in places. Overall better than I expected, but I'll probably upgrade anyway. On max settings it probably looks unbelievable.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Fuse Member

it started at 9pm PST =( so I just slept now I work I will pick it up when I get home from work
Old 11-20-2014, 05:13 PM

What's the latest gentlemen?!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Fuse Member

I've only played about 3 hours since I'm still playing WoD, but so far it feels a lot more like Skyrim than DA1 or DA2. Seems like a huge open world, and very non-linear.

I have trouble getting straight to an objective because I'm constantly running around spamming the 'V' key, which is a "find loot" ability which emits a "ping" sound when an herb, mining node, or other loot is nearby. It's neat at first, and then your OCD kicks in and you can't travel 10 feet without feeling like you need to hit 'V' out of fear of missing something.

The few battles I've done are fun though. I hope they somehow keep the storyline going despite the non-linearity of the world.

Cassandra, who was the chick interrogating in DA2's main narrative is a playable NPC this time around and is pretty cool. So is Varric, of course, and his chest hair has never looked so magnificent.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Fuse Member

I have probably played about 10-15 hours, I am currently level 8~ and like asano said, the "V" key gets spamed a lot, there are a lot of things in each zones that get you sidetracked.

I have not cleared/found everything in a single zone yet and I have 3 (zones) open.

Multiplayer is not MMO

it is more like a Starcraft/Worldofwarcraft breed, many people are online which you don't see

you "create a game" 3 other people join you, and you create a random instance/dungeon for the group to go in, you finish it or die and get rewards/gold

Spend gold on chests which you can open and have more loots in them.

Single player is independent from multiplayer and you must unlock characters in multiplayer via loot drops (if you want to unlock a hunter you need to find a specific bow)

Every multiplayer character has independent experience.

I have to go to work thats about all I can think of outside what asano said.

Last edited by Fusa; 11-21-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Fuse Member

I have not played the other Dragonage games so I dont fully understand the back story nor do I understand why Varric's chesthair is fucking beastly, but I do still get a sense of what is going on in this game.

( I suppose you dont need to know the characters as much to understand the story )

With that said it is not linear at all and to be honest right now I have no fucking clue if what I am doing benefits the main plot or even gives me anything good, I am more doing it because it is "something" else to do and I generally want 100% done.

The main quest leads you to certain area's on the map but once you get close to the target area something pop's up and you have to be opportunistic ( pretty much if you are close to it you click it you don't want to run back and forth) but this leads to randomness.

Overall enjoying the game (not because there is nothing else new) but because of the look and the flow, they defiantly put a lot of work into the voice acting and I will probably play again (at the moment I am doing it with the mages) I will do it the second time through with the templars.

Also I just found the mounts and I am almost level 9 apparently you can get it at lvl 2-3 if you know where you are going, GOD I wish I knew, ohhh the more you know.

Last edited by Fusa; 11-21-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Fuse Member

Spoiler:

Dragon Age Inquisition Iron Bull(Blake) Sex Scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjtXVc9NI8Y

Old 11-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Fuse Member

ROFL

"Actually, he's the one that's been taking it..."

Like I said earlier, I'm only a few hours in. But the first romance option I got was to romance another guy. Pretty funny. That scene was hysterical.

The romances in ME and DA were always shallow, imo. Glad to see they're significantly better in DA3.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
ROFL

"Actually, he's the one that's been taking it..."
That made me laugh.

"I believe we may have blinded poor Cullen."