Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
The Real McCoy

uneventful episode except ethan being claire's doctor, what the fuck is that?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
Doctor Goodspeed! Love that name, reminds me of Nicholas Cage in The Rock, great movie.

But yeah, Asano, makes me wonder about what the asian dude said, does that mean Claire died? Because I don't think anything special happened to Sayid other than the stuff in the temple. That also begs the question though, why would Jacob tell them to save Sayid if it would turn out to be a bad thing. Maybe Jacob didn't know what would happen, but it seems to me like he did and that this "infection" isn't necesarily all bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Also, one of the "others" with Kate and Jin said Russou had been dead for 3 years. Guessing that'll prove significant at some point.
I thought she died when those commando guys shot her in the forest when she was going somewhere with Alex? It's been 3 years since they left the island and returned. Maybe that's what it meant? Although I don't know why they think it's important to keep that on the down low, maybe they just don't like sharing information at all.

Last edited by Onion; 02-10-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
But yeah, Asano, makes me wonder about what the asian dude said, does that mean Claire died? Because I don't think anything special happened to Sayid other than the stuff in the temple. That also begs the question though, why would Jacob tell them to save Sayid if it would turn out to be a bad thing. Maybe Jacob didn't know what would happen, but it seems to me like he did and that this "infection" isn't necesarily all bad.
Yeah, I dunno. I guess that means Claire died at some point, got taken to the temple to be "saved", got "infected" and somehow escaped the others, and now lives like Russou did. Makes me wonder whether the same thing happened to Russou at some point as well, or the rest of her team. Remember how she always said the rest of her team got sick? And with Claire looking/acting just like Russou, maybe Russou was sick as well. It's been a while since I saw the episodes that focused on that story, so I might be mistaken again. Obviously there's some link between this sickness and the man in black.

What about Ben? Remember as a boy he was shot and taken to the temple, and Richard said that if they helped him, Ben would never be the same. He would lose his innocence, or something like that? Maybe there's some connection there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
I thought she died when those commando guys shot her in the forest when she was going somewhere with Alex? It's been 3 years since they left the island and returned. Maybe that's what it meant? Although I don't know why they think it's important to keep that on the down low, maybe they just don't like sharing information at all.
Oh wow, you're right. I totally forgot about that scene. I really need to rewatch everything again.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Doctor Goodspeed! Love that name, reminds me of Nicholas Cage in The Rock, great movie.
Yeah, I loved that they showed Ethan like that. Goes to show you more than the Losties were affected by the nuke. I'm still not sure how they're going to tie in the two timelines. I'm assuming at this point that timeline is showing us what would've happened if the Oceanic 815 didn't crash (and who knows what else before that) on the island, which we'll learn (ala Butterfly Effect) that everything else going very far back changed as well.

Quote:
Yeah, I dunno. I guess that means Claire died at some point, got taken to the temple to be "saved", got "infected" and somehow escaped the others, and now lives like Russou did. Makes me wonder whether the same thing happened to Russou at some point as well, or the rest of her team. Remember how she always said the rest of her team got sick? And with Claire looking/acting just like Russou, maybe Russou was sick as well. It's been a while since I saw the episodes that focused on that story, so I might be mistaken again. Obviously there's some link between this sickness and the man in black.

What about Ben? Remember as a boy he was shot and taken to the temple, and Richard said that if they helped him, Ben would never be the same. He would lose his innocence, or something like that? Maybe there's some connection there as well.

Oh wow, you're right. I totally forgot about that scene. I really need to rewatch everything again.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:

Haven't seen an uneventful episode as this one in a long time but it's a good point about Ben and losing his innocence, that he would never be the same. Makes you wonder about the rest and the whole thing all together.

1) So the temple was meant to heal people so they don't die or was it?(while Jacob was alive)? But if this is true the whole Ben losing his innocence thing doesn't make sense.

2) They tryed to save Sayid or did they? By using the water to heal him(they didn't know Jacob was dead at this point still btw, but the water wasn't clear so they knew something was wrong)? Or did they just simply kill him and have him revive(undead lol?) Just to want to poison him? This doesn't seem to have a clear path at all.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Fuse Member

THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS IS OVER!!!!!!

...bullshit

Unfortunately I already had this exact picture tattooed on my chest, but this shirt is very useful in colder weather.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Fuse Member

So I've watched from Season 1 up til where it currently is in the past 8 days >.> (amazing how much extra time there is when you aren't playing WoW).

So many things to comment on...

First off I'm not really convinced that Ethan is "good" now. I wouldn't be surprised if he was simply at the hospital to steal claire's baby. Maybe that woman that was supposed to adopt the baby was an other and it was a whole set up. Remember that one episode when Locke is in the crash and is taken to the same hospital that Jack worked at and Locke said it must have been his destiny and Jack's reply is that it was simply probability due to where the crash occured - maybe Ethan was just there waiting for Claire because they set it up for her to inevitably end up at the hospital. They could have slipped her a drug on the plane or some other point to induce labor.

On the whole Sayid thing - I don't think Jacob intended for what happened to happen. They first attempted to save Sayid in the water and they were certain they had failed. I don't think the temple others knew Sayid would come back to life and that's why they immediately tested him for infection because they knew the implications of him returning to life like that. The infection has to be something the smoke monster does to either do things for him or simply to cause chaos. I immediately thought that it wasn't Sayid, the way he spoke and how much of a pussy he was being from the torture and even afterwards just didn't seem like him.

On Claire - I don't think she was ever taken to the Temple. The episode she disappeared it showed her just getting up in the middle of the night and leaving. To me this suggests she was already infected and my guess is she was called by the smoke monster to do something for it or she just went bat shit crazy and went off to fuck a tree or something

What I think Richard meant when he said taking Ben to the temple would cause him to lose his innocence is just that Richard knew Ben would become a leader of the others and living with the others would cause Ben to grow into the deceitful and lying man he is now without the fear and constant harassment his Father provided.

Here are some questions I have, some unimportant but just stuff I noticed from practically watching the show back to back:

- I don't understand what the deal is with Kate and her mom. Early on there is the episode where she's on the run, but the feds don't know where she is. She's with that cop (the captain from Firefly) and she marries him. On her wedding day she's with her mom and her mom gives her a necklace that belonged to her grandmother. In this episode her mom is friends with her and all seems fine and dandy and we know she's on the run and already killed her stepfather. Now every subsequent episode her mom wants nothing to do with her and even turns her in at one point.

- Why the fuck does the Dharma Initiative keep dropping food and supplies on the island years after they've abandoned the place? There was that huge food drop in Season 2 I think where right before it drops Hugo and that crazy chick that liked him decided to destroy all the food Hugo hoarded for himself. Maybe I missed something but didn't they make it pretty clear the D.I. was no longer on the island? and even if they had some reason to do it - how did they know how to find the Island when people like Whitmore have so much trouble? Furthermore who the fuck is behind the D.I. they have a base in Ann Arbor or something like that...so who started the whole D.I. or is that not important.

- What was the point of the Swan station exactly? That never made sense to me...why not just automate the button and why not just use the failsafe so the damn button wouldn't even need pressing?

- There was a scene in I don't know what season, where Ben's dad (Roger) forgot Ben's b-day...again. To make it up to Ben, Roger drives them out to come cliff or something to talk and Ben kills his father (Sawyer and others later find the van with Roger in it etc). But when they travel to the past Ben is taken to the others never to return so wouldn't that be where the past and the present stopped being one and not the hydrogen bomb?

So much other crap but can't think of it right now, there's just too much crap to compile, heh.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DijonQ View Post
THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS IS OVER!!!!!!

...bullshit
It wouldn't be lost if we weren't lost hah.

Welcome to the party Nuch.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Fuse Member

I didn't really start liking it til after the third season. But its pretty good now and this last season should be great unless they fuck it up royally.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
The Real McCoy

To Nuch

before anyone reads this let it be known I just watch the episodes, I don't read the official site or try to figure it all out before it happens. I just enjoy the twists. so fuck you vayd in advance.

The whole reason the others wanted Aaron in the first place was to study the fact that babies aren't born on the island or are fucked up so if he's born not on the island there's no reason for Ethan to steal him.

The infection the temple others are talking about could very well be that they realize he could be the reincarnation of Jacob, why they would want him dead I'm not sure.

Kate gets married before she kills her step-father I believe.

The rest I don't know but they're probably just stories that they put in to continue the over all story and then dead-ended. The same way they killed the Walt story, if the people from 815 were never meant to leave then why is he untouched and not have to go back? Because he aged beyond what was needed for the story so they killed it.