Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
It's really not deviating from the books that much. Some stuff, like internal dialogue, just aren't doable. Probably the most significant change is daenerys meeting that black guy who tried to steal the dragons. Also, some of the order of events is moved around a bit, but again it's for the sake if transition from books to tv. And I agree, it's kind of like the walking dead, it's not going to work as a 100% verbatim translation, so don't get to caught up in it.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Rhun Send a message via MSN to Rhun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
As a pretty big fan of the books and the show, I really hope people stop harping on the show about being true to the books. I enjoy both quite a lot and for different reasons. I feel like the changes they made to season 2 did more for some character's development in a couple scenes than what took place in the span of an entire book.

This is why they can't be exactly the same, or we would have 24 episode seasons and over half of the episodes would be boring as shit.
i was going to say this, but wasn't going to put it as eloquently, that guys review on amazon is an overreaction, they are doing a fine job with the series.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 PM

Seeing the Unsullied trailer gave me chills. Can't wait
Old 04-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Fuse Member

Surprised no one has brought up Sunday's S3 premiere yet. Nobody watching this anymore?

Thought Sunday's episode was solid, as always. Reminded me that I really should've re-watched S2, or at least the last couple episodes, before watching the premiere. I had forgotten about a lot of the characters.

The scene between Tyrion and his father was fantastic, and probably the highlight of the episode, imo.

The trailers for S3 were pretty underwhelming, but based on the first episode, I think it'll be another strong season.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:04 AM
GoL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Surprised no one has brought up Sunday's S3 premiere yet. Nobody watching this anymore?

Thought Sunday's episode was solid, as always. Reminded me that I really should've re-watched S2, or at least the last couple episodes, before watching the premiere. I had forgotten about a lot of the characters.

The scene between Tyrion and his father was fantastic, and probably the highlight of the episode, imo.

The trailers for S3 were pretty underwhelming, but based on the first episode, I think it'll be another strong season.
I agree Gogan. I liked it, i really like the Jon Snow arc, and the Calissi arc a lot.

Alliance --
Balrin|Brondor|Gronthor|Ironshot|
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM
The Real McCoy

nobody's talking about it because nothing new happened. Yes, Tyrion getting told by his father was good but it wasn't new info that the lannisters don't give a shit about him.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Fuse Member

Don't need new information to chat about the best show on TV. The beginning of a new season should be reason enough to spark some chatter. Hell, look at how little happened in Walking Dead for the last half of the season, yet there was no shortage of conversation about it.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Fuse Member

I enjoyed the part where

said can I have some loot please. Reminds me of Redkulaid, always begging for loot.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
Yeah. That was for sure the best scene. As someone pointed out, there is so much god damn shit that happens on this show it really takes 2 weeks to get rolling. This season is going to be a monster.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Officer

yea i really should have rewatched the seasons before i was a little bit lost on characters for a sec. but overall yea it was solid it got things rolling, cutting off the guys nipple wasn't really needed was it. that would hurt like a bitch.