Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Eventide Emeritus

guy kills wife, news article

its not that the news itself is really unique. it's more that the reporter decided to put in every fucking detail in a brief news story.

Quote:
(Associated Press) MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. — From a hospital bed more than 200 miles from the home he fled, Stephen Grant told police why, how and where he strangled and mutilated his wife, Tara, according to documents released Friday by prosecutors.

The family's 19-year-old live-in nanny, or au pair, also admitted to authorities in March that she had a sexual relationship with Stephen Grant, the police report said.

Grant said he and his wife were arguing in the upstairs of their suburban Detroit house Feb. 9 over what he said were her frequent work trips.

She walked away, he said, and he grabbed her wrist. Tara Grant then slapped him in the face, causing a scratch to his nose.

Stephen Grant, 37, told police he then hit his wife hard in the head and she fell to the floor.

Tara Grant, 34, told her husband that she would call the police, and he would go to jail for striking her, according to the account. The end result, he claims she said, would be that he would lose custody of the couple's two young children.

Stephen Grant told police that he then began to choke his wife. He said he covered her face with a gray-colored shirt or pair of underwear.
"She finally grabbed my hand at one point, but it was too late then and I couldn't stop," he said, according to the police report. "I knew I was going to prison. I panicked."

Grant said his children — a 6-year-old girl and a 4-year-old boy — never woke up during the nighttime altercation.

He told police that after his wife stopped moving, he placed a belt around her neck and tightened it. He dragged Tara Grantdown the stairs using the belt and tried to put her in the back of her sport utility vehicle.
The belt broke, he said, and his wife's head fell on to the concrete floor of the garage.

Grant said he managed to put her in the back of the SUV and covered her with a plastic liner.

Two days later, he said, he drove the vehicle to the nearby tool and die shop in which he worked. There, he attempted to cut her body with a tree saw, but it was difficult, he told police.

Grant said he vomited and drank alcohol to help him complete the task.
He told police that he broke band saw blades into large pieces, wrapped a rag around one end, then used them to cut the body into pieces.

Grant said he placed the head, torso and other body parts into plastic bags and loaded all of them into a larger container. He then drove to his Washington Township home with the body parts stored in the rear cargo area of the vehicle.

So much for the days of "Man confesses to killing his wife."
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM

this was an article in a newspaper?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Eventide Emeritus

I got it off the AP wire, meaning it'll probably be in newspapers tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:31 AM

theres no way all those graphic details are gonna be printed
BUT if they do, that'd be f'n sweet! (sux for the girl tho)
Old 04-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Eventide Emeritus

google search says smell is wrong:

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stori...07041376.shtml
http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...13038/0/SPORTS
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/busin...ist=mibusiness

I only find the second link odd in that it ends in "SPORTS"
Old 04-14-2007, 03:47 PM

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/07/...a1posed001.cfm

May not be as disgusting and gorey as this story, but it 100 times more abstract.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:52 PM

i was referring to printed as in newspaper
i personally dont know if theres a difference, but i guess it makes a lil sense that kids have more access to newspaper over internet news sites.

but who knows. either way, that guy sounds like he acted fairly and i support him 100%.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Eventide Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smell View Post
i was referring to printed as in newspaper
i personally dont know if theres a difference, but i guess it makes a lil sense that kids have more access to newspaper over internet news sites.

but who knows. either way, that guy sounds like he acted fairly and i support him 100%.
Printed in a newspaper and printed on a newspaper's site are the same thing. Newspapers run syndications and when they take an article (which they pay a fee for), they have rights to post it to their website as well. The thing is, they don't purchase the articles unless they plan to put it in their newspaper as well, because that's where they make their money through advertisements and classifieds.

Pwnt, smell.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 AM

ok, look at the papers...Southbend...where the f is that? Michigan? please, 3rd or 4th rate state at best. and oakland? raiders...nuff said.

POINT, smell.