Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 12-15-2011, 02:11 PM
GoL Member

West Coast PvP

Got my invite a few hours ago. Wanted to drop my info in here as well if anyone cared.

Rolled on a West Coast PvP server

Server: Dark Reaper
Type: PvP
Timezone: West
Faction: Republic

At the time of this writing this is the biggest population PvP server in the west coast timezone. I chose not to roll on Gogan's server because it's PvE and chose not to roll with Path/Fusa because West Coast time is better for me once I start doing Operations (Raids).

I also rolled Trooper Gogan. Changed my mind at last minute and went Vanguard (Assault Speciaist tree). What AC/tree are you doing?
Old 12-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Fuse Member

Cool, updated the original post. How are the queue times there? I hear they're getting pretty long now... 1h+ on many of the larger servers. Haven't experienced any yet on mine, but fully expect them as we get closer to launch.

I rolled a Combat Medic spec'd Commando. So healing. Figured it would make finding groups easier that way. I'm really enjoying it so far, though I'd love to try a pure dps Trooper too. And a tank-spec. Troopers just rock. =P
Old 12-17-2011, 05:12 PM
GoL Member

Tonight is the first time I've hit a queue. My server is showing a 35 min queue and I started out as like #480 in line but it seems to be moving pretty fast. Don't really think my queue will get much worse than this unless they just don't open up any new PvP servers for the 'launch' tuesday.

Anybody in here hit 30 yet? I personally just left Coruscant at 17. All the movies and dialouge really make leveling slow (at least it feels slow to me) but I'm too afraid to skip anything for fear of missing a companion or something.

Also Gogan are you grinding Dark or Light Side faction and for us non-force users are there really any bonuses to either? I really wanted to jettison the engineers out the airlock in The Esseles but lost the conversation roll.

I havn't really committed to Light or Dark yet. I mostly choose Light side responses unless the Dark Side ones sound really funny. Like opening up the half dozen engineers to the vaccum of space to save my own @$$ HAHA!!

My character name is Critzy again if anyone does join the server and look for me.

**edit: Just got through the queue. Actual wait time: 26 minutes.

Last edited by Critzy; 12-17-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Fuse Member

I'm 35 at the moment, and I'm guessing Fusa and Path are 40+. I've only paid attention to my class quest dialog. Everything else I've been spacebarring through. Maybe I'll pay more attention on my next character. I've been grinding instances with a few other people over here. They were in full-time beta, so we breeze through everything. Otherwise, I'd be pretty lost in some of those instances.

I've been noticing the same re: queues. It says it's like 30+ mins, but it does go by quickly.

As for light v dark, I've committed to light side. Only have 200 dark points. I hear some gear can only be acquired with really high light/dark ratings, but I don't know if that applies to non-force classes. We'll see. I have diplomacy too, which I can use to grind out additional light points, so I'm not too worried.

Last edited by Gogan; 12-18-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Fuse Member

im 35 aswell im on taris stuck in a memory leak spot, have been stuck for about 24 hours now.

on that topic how much RAM do you have asano, because if it more then 8gigs of ram you could prob get me moved a little bit (out of the memory leak) and save me.

Let me know if you have 12+ and you will be my savior.

And Path was 46 when I was stuck, he has his little bro playing for him while he sleeps (cheater) =P.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Fuse Member

Sent you a PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
I think Vayd was going to roll on the same server as you Fusa.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
GoL Member

He played for 4 hours and yes I am 50
Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
GoL Member

I did diplo also and I am light 5 and helps with the companions also.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Fuse Member

I dunno about 4 hours maybe 4 hours everytime you went to bed =P