Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Fuse Member

Tease trailer

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/04...teaser-trailer

Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Fuse Member

My guess is they'll have the same issues Bioware is dealing with right now. Mainly not having the customer support experience for something this size and too little content at launch to compete with more established MMOs. The upside is that they have massive amounts of canon lore to draw on and a really good understanding of skill based leveling systems. When it comes down to it all the TES games have been single player MMO just based off the feel of their games. As excited as I am to see it come out I'm cautiously optimistic about what shape it'll be in at launch.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosis View Post
My guess is they'll have the same issues Bioware is dealing with right now. Mainly not having the customer support experience for something this size and too little content at launch to compete with more established MMOs. The upside is that they have massive amounts of canon lore to draw on and a really good understanding of skill based leveling systems. When it comes down to it all the TES games have been single player MMO just based off the feel of their games. As excited as I am to see it come out I'm cautiously optimistic about what shape it'll be in at launch.
I like the route they are going. Lots of things about this sound right. For example, they are going to continue making the single player games at bes while zen handles the mmo. So we'll continue to get single player games which is awesome. They claim they been working on this for 5-7 years. They do need end game content in these kind of games that's where swtor went wrong(not enough, and i'm not talking just raids). You can't have these games with vanilla settings out the gate anymore that's 10 years old. I would of gladly stuck with swtor for much longer, even played it till ESO if it had more to do. Time will tell, hopefully they can learn from swtor's mistakes before launch.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes emperor whenever you take over the capital
Yoox wins

Good read
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749

Quote:
For example, a rogue can put oil on the ground that a mage can set on fire
Sounds amazing, droping oil on people while stealth and having a mage fireball them on fire from afar.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Fuse Member

I dunno. I want to like this, but like almost every single other comment from these articles you're posting, I'm not terribly impressed yet. I didn't see the screenshots before they were taken down, but every single commenter said they looked bad.

There's some strange notes from the last link you posted:

Quote:
-There most likely won't be dragons
Lame.

Quote:
-The combat model will not be real time due to latency
Huh?

Quote:
-The combat is based around a stamina bar which you can use to sprint, block, interrupt, and break incapacitating effects
-Blocking is the primary focus of these abilities, and can do things like stopping the secondary effects of attacks such as an ice spell slowing you
-ZeniMax feels that having the stamina bar will help break down the Holy Trinity as stamina allows you to do things like tank
-However, healing is still a big part of the game
-There is also no aggro mechanic in the game, which is part of the reason stamina blocking and healing exist
Sounds kinda strange -- especially the no aggro part. But I guess we'll wait and see how it plays out.

Sounds like the leveling experience is a lot like GW2, which looked pretty cool when I saw it. Overall though, I'm not seeing anything really unique here to think it's going to break the mold like they're claiming.

Last edited by Gogan; 05-04-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
I dunno. I want to like this, but like almost every single other comment from these articles you're posting, I'm not terribly impressed yet. I didn't see the screenshots before they were taken down, but every single commenter said they looked bad.

There's some strange notes from the last link you posted:

Lame.

Huh?

Sounds kinda strange -- especially the no aggro part. But I guess we'll wait and see how it plays out.

Sounds like the leveling experience is a lot like GW2, which looked pretty cool when I saw it. Overall though, I'm not seeing anything really unique here to think it's going to break the mold like they're claiming.
I agree that it seems like they are trying to get out an online version that seems like it will kinda be like everything else already out. We'll see.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 PM
GoL Member

The more I think about this is if they want it to be ESMMO they just need to get the people who made the AC skill system in on this. AC was an ESMMO with different lore, it had random dungeons in the open world, in depth skill system, just the UI was awful. We will see though. In my perfect world it would AC and DAoC combined with some end game PvE added in as well.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Fuse Member

Interesting. Heroengine just a whiteboard.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...-a-whiteboard/

Really seems to be a shake up in the mmo industry after the great SWtor fizzle. 38 studios being shut down. Seems that 38 was banking on their mmo that was in the works. After the outrage of the generic looking esmmo, seems that things are going to possibly be changing some?

Last edited by Yooxra; 05-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Fuse Member

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...in-my-MMO.html

Interview from E3 info.

While it still sounds generic as hell. I like a few things. It sounds very wowish in alot of ways. Kinda like how wow took everything that was fun from EQ when it came out and left some things out. It really seems like ESO is trying to take all the good things from most of the great mmo's. Still sounds like something i'll be checking out next year.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM
GoL Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=thed8E2OB3Q#!